How long does your HDD's last thread

I am curious to how often you guys backup your hdd's and how long your hdd's last. List your model if you know it :)

1)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB 7200 RPM

Bought it on 9/16/2008

Died on: 4/1/2013

My "Backup HDD" containing backups from 3 other HDD's clicky clicky - Died on me.

I've pretty much lost all of my backups. This one lasted a bit longer than my other HDD's. I forgot that I've had this one for over 4 years and forgot to create a new backup for it.

2)

WD Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s

Power on stats: I'll post them later.

This is the HDD that I am currently using for my OS and the other day caused some issues for me. My boot screen stalls on the message: "verifying dmi pool data". I am currently cloning the HDD right now and will try to reformat it later.

3)

WD Raptor X HDD

HD Sentinel report - Power on: 1248 days, Health 5%.

Repaired bad sectors: 1795

This was a hella fast hdd but didn't last very long. It has a lot of 5/5 reviews on newegg too!

raptor-hdd-bad-sectors.JPG

I have a total of 6 "Dead HDDs" and their average life span is around 2 years. The 750GB one was part of an External HDD that fell from my table to the ground. The other 5 died on their own.

72801_10151410916067776_1876926653_n.jpg

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

i have that same WD caviar blue hdd in my old computer from gateway has 7 years plus cause it still works not sure on total run time

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

That is too weird...

Never had a hard drive die like that on me, Then again, I use SSD drives and G drives for the most part

I have the stock hdd from 2003 in the house comp I think. Its been wiped a few times and tons of problems but still works. And full.

Ps3 160gb hdd died after about 1.5yrs months. Put a new 250gb in and been going for the last yr I think. New tower build has a seagate barracuda 500gb and a adata 64gb ssd. Not running yet.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

I have a Seagate Barracuda 7200.4(or 8, idk it's from 07) 160GB from a Dell slimline as my back up. Clicks a little but it still works fine.

I HAD a Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb, one of the ones from the last batch, last a year and a halfish on me, then clicked until it died. Luckily, Seagate bought out samsung's hard drive division and sent me a BNIB top of the line at the time 7200.15 1tb drive. That was like a year and a half ago, and it works flawlessly. Just as fast as the F3 was.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived