Man, that's a lot of sexy gear! Can't wait for more work! Nice pick up on the batteries! :drink40:

Thanks bro, yeah I'm super excited about it all! Plus, I may have a little surprise addition to the equipment in the very near future, so now I'm just all tore up ready to get to work on it even more!

I'm off Tuesday & Wednesday this week, and it is supposed to be pretty both days, so I am planning on getting as much done as humanly possible. Maybe then I can get this thing playing some test notes by this weekend...

So how is your trunk coming along? I think I'll go check it out now! I can't wait to see yours come together as well man!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

That's great man! Hope you can too. In for surprises!!

Shit, my build has stopped again. Problem with being so damn busy! All my stuff gets pushed aside! I will be doing some stuff soon, but just not as soon nor as much as I'd like! But I'll get moving soon!

In for more buddy! Keep it up!

Thanks man. Yeah I know how that goes, story of my life!
Just gotta do what you can, when you can.
If your like me, when your not working on it, you still are working, in your mind!

Well the cat's out of the bag now. Might as well post it up.

I just ordered my second DC 5.0K. 10K to 4 - 15's FTMFW!
Now I just gotta work on getting some subs that can take all that power...
Know anyone who would be interested in my Skars? Still brand new...

Oh and new goals are being set: I fully expect to see 155+ on music daily. We shall see!!!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Omg u just blow my mind .lol I can't wait to c what subs ur going with .. I decided on sound qubed hbc4 .. u still have the sickest pt ...... for now lol

alpine head unit (freebee 2009 model)2 sets of eclpise 5.25 comp. speakers.

1. set is in the a-pilors

1. memphis mojo 2500 watt amp

1. rockford fosgate t2 15"

dual 2 ohm wired to 4 ohm . seeing 600 watts

1. realm audio 600 watt 4ch

Just a suggestion but I am an avid supporter of Alpine. My entire car is outfitted in alpine audio and none of it is the low end stuff. Anyway, the imprint system is a very good one and i would suggest it for any car but the power packs are probably less than what you would like. My uncle was an engineer for Alpine when those were designed and he told me that they are not really good for much more than speakers that are a rms of 60 watts and with long periods of high output those units will really heat up. if you have the money you are much better off investing in a couple of PDX f-4s. you will be much happier with the product overall. I can promise you that.

Cool man, thanks. I appreciate the heads up, I really didn't know much about them. I was just gonna use them on my tweets, which atm are cheap Kicker KS 1", but yeah I'd rather check into something better for sure. The main reason I was gonna use those were how small they are; they would fit easily under my seats in place of the crossovers. And my tweeters don't need much, about 25 - 45 rms each. I do however plan on upgrading at some point. But I may just have to figure something else out, don't want overheating issues...

yeah those pdx amps have awesome power efficiency and temperature management. they will automatically decrease gain until the amp reaches a safe temp. but the lowest rms amp is still 100 per channel for a 4 channel.. so you could split the speakers and do a few per channel.

http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/pdx-f4

Thanks guys!

I got a little bit done this week, between rain, work, and family.

Got more pics to put up, if anyone wants to see them?

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Okay so the place we left off last update was the base, I had pulled it out to open up the battery spot for some bigger batts in the future. So after removing the old mdf board, and cutting the hole out bigger, I needed to cut a new board for the bottom.

100_4002.jpg

Installed

100_4003.jpg

100_4005.jpg

Next step is to drill holes and glue in t-nuts

100_4009.jpg

My little method of keeping them straight

100_4013.jpg

Glue so they don't come out

100_4018.jpg

100_4019.jpg

Then I ran into a little problem (story of my life). I had purposely made the cutouts a little bit big, so I wouldn't have any problems when mounting inverted. Well, looks like I went a little too big. That's okay, I wanted to seal this up anyway. So first, some Kitty Hair in the areas that need built up the most.

100_4022.jpg

100_4024.jpg

Then filler

100_4028.jpg

100_4037.jpg

100_4038.jpg

Then once I had done that to all 4 holes, time to finish the t-nuts

100_4045.jpg

100_4047.jpg

Here it is finished (added a little primer inside)

100_4067.jpg

100_4070.jpg

100_4073.jpg

More on the way...

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

So now I am finally ready to start putting this beast together for good. Meaning with glue, screws, nails, and steel.
So lets get it!

100_4080.jpg

Had to deal with one of the t-nuts on each top sub, here is how I did that.

100_4081.jpg

100_4082.jpg

100_4083.jpg

100_4086.jpg

Now I will wait till last to instal the top, to give myself easier access for glassing.

100_4090.jpg

I'll start w/ one layer of cloth I had laying around... then two layers of chop mat.

100_4094.jpg

I got the resin on, but forgot to get a pic. Oh well, I'll get some in the next few days while I am finishing it up. Next up is the front baffle, and I still need to run my 1/0, so I may do that next too. We are creeping along.. but getting closer and closer!

Stay tuned for more, thanks for looking!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

I'm sorry that I work so slow, and take so many pictures.
Do you all think I actually put up too many pics? Be honest, it wont hurt my feelings.
I want my build log to be desirable to look at, not annoying...
Also, feel free to chime in at anytime if you have any ideas or suggestions.

I really appreciate everyone that has posted here so far with all the positive feedback and ideas. You guys are the best!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Archived