Second Skin Audio

1000w rms to a Sundown E-10, Safe?

hayden55

1000W on a 2 inch coil with medium cooling?

It's possible to send 1000W to that sub, but not for music/daily purposes.

1000w RMS to a E-10 is NOT safe.

I don't understand why people compare the E-10 to subs like the SP4 or HDC3/4.

They are meant to take abuse, and even they can't take triple RMS daily.

SA-10 would be better and should be able to handle a 1000W amp.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

ok im not gonna try to stir this up but you people that just picked apart my posts need to go READ everything from the start..

***** i NEVER advised the OP to run 3x the power to that sub******

everything after 4:17AM was directed towards cleansierra and his ideology that overpowering a underrated sub does NOTHING but add heat/Resistance and show NO gain (which later he back peddled and said "NOT MUCH GAIN")

besides the few people trying to twist my words or interpret them in a different way than i posted. (comparing a 300rms rated sub to 1000, and the daily vs burp thing)

everyone is saying the same thing and well all agree FROM THE START. that the OP Shouldn't do it, it is possible, their ARE gains (in most cases) and lastly SOME companies underrate their products (even their lowest models they sell)

if im sorry if i offended anyone, i get a little argumentative when i stay up all night and morning. and with that take my advice/opinion with a grain of salt.. i know what i know and done what ive done :dancing:

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

And to think I was thinking of running 1800 watts into a set of these... Im happy I ran into this thread :thanx:

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

Ofcourse it can be done. I would be highly against it for playing music,just a regular 4th order enclosure,with some crazy box rise,efficiency,tuned to the proper f3/fs will probably net you some crazy numbers IF YOU KNOW HOW TO KEEP THE SUB MECHANICALLY & THERMALLY SAFE. Which isn't easy to do, especially with a low ass model 8". It is possible, But why waste your money? Get a sub worth overpowering then enclosure comes into play,almost more important then that 1k amp.

The only possible reason I would see someone sending that much power to an 8" is in hawaii,where our classes our divided into cone area with unlimited power.

well it is pretty insane about the guy running the ns-1 to two sa-8s but the whole point is that he can, and he did. But anyways most manufacturers usually put low rating to cover there ass and i know that an e10 on 1000w is definitely a long shot, but just like my sa-8 i put 750 to it all day and i can stick my hand in the port and its still blowing cool air (not as an insane power increase like 300-1000). I talked him up to a SD-2 10 and his is running a .87ft3 ported box after displ and tuned with a slot port to 35hz. I also know pretty well how to adjust my gain and its definitely not a volume knob, plus its a ported box so i can just see how hot it is, not like a sealed box. I dont have a dd-1 but i usually just use a test tone 1st, then move it up slightly and check each time if im still running cool at whatever my set volume is (ex 31. Im just so glad to see that we can all get a long so well. So... What would you guys says the limits are for the E-10 and also for the SD-2 10?

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

There is a special version of the SA8v2 for burps with aluminum coils.. etc, it will take more power than a regular sa8, must been the one used to get the 150+dB.

A regular sa8 would likely be unable to pass that test. Better to know the facts of what you are watching on youtube.

hmm. thats interesting. i forgot about that.

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

Archived