Help increase spl?

I have 4 tsw3002d2 pioneer subs im at around 120 db im almost positive my car isnt big enough to handle 4 subs properly so i was wodering if anyone can help me in the right direction once i cut down to 2 subs i have a kicker box with a 8 inch bass tube im running a 3000 watt power acoustik monoblock i think but im not sure how to properly tune my box or i may have to make one to spec but i dont know the dimensions of the box i would need for my 2010 mazda 6.

4 12's and 120db....you're not at 120db. you just pulled that random number out of your head.

honestly? sell everything for as much money as you can and start from scratch.

I was in the same situation, I had 4 kickers 12" subs but the box (made to spec) was too big for the car and the bass was getting choked off in the trunk. So I switch to 2 DD 9512 and went from 139 db to 148 db. This is a trunk car setup.

I have 4 tsw3002d2 pioneer subs im at around 120 db im almost positive my car isnt big enough to handle 4 subs properly so i was wodering if anyone can help me in the right direction once i cut down to 2 subs i have a kicker box with a 8 inch bass tube im running a 3000 watt power acoustik monoblock i think but im not sure how to properly tune my box or i may have to make one to spec but i dont know the dimensions of the box i would need for my 2010 mazda 6.

Best advice I can give....... First decide if this is also going to be a daily set up or pure SPL monster. Find out what the max your willing to spend on your set up. Figure out what your realistic budget is. Ask yourself how far your will to go to increase your spl levels. Are you willing to chop the shit out of your car if you need to? Loud isnt always pretty. Are you willing to give up all your extra space in your car? Getting loud takes a lot more then just throwing expensive gear at your car. Learning how to test, tune, and tweak your set up plays a huge role in it. Grab a tape measure and figure out how much room you have to play with. Get comfortable with Torres box calculator. Be ready to try out several different boxes. Hang out for a few before unloading a bunch of questions. I was on here for close to 3 months reading write ups and checking out build logs and figuring out who to direct my questions at before asking my first question. Figure out what you dont know and ask questions about those topics.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know-about-car-audio/

this was a huge help for me. ^^^

But honestly above all else......dont get into a hurry. Take a "measure twice to cut once" kind of attitude and things will go a lot smoother. Before you know it you will be hitting the lanes with a big ass smile on your face. I look down lovingly at my set up every day and whisper to my self...."Look what I have created". And then I rip it apart and start all over again.

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

But honestly above all else......dont get into a hurry. Take a "measure twice to cut once" kind of attitude and things will go a lot smoother. Before you know it you will be hitting the lanes with a big ass smile on your face. I look down lovingly at my set up every day and whisper to my self...."Look what I have created". And then I rip it apart and start all over again.

^^ lol

And remember, loud is in the ear of the beholder. My 3 8s metered at 135.1 at a show yesterday. While at that show, I got a few demos of vehicles that were hitting in the 150s. I am totally jealous of those guys setups, BUT.... my kids absolutely dig my setup, and my co workers all rave about how clean mine looks and how loud it is (they haven't heard loud before, and they haven't seen how creative some of these guys are with their setups). But I am happy for now with my low budget, built it myself system.

I think you can totally fit all 4 of those subs if you want to use them, but are you willing to wall your car? It is also possible you could fit all 4 in the trunk, but you would for sure lose all use of the trunk, as well as your spare tire hehe. Whatever you do, build your own box, or have someone help you build it. While some pre fab boxes do ok on some systems.. A well build custom box will increase both your deebeez and your personal pride in your system. If you need help with your box design when you are ready and committed to building it, there are tons of people here that are usually happy to help.

If you like your Pioneer subs and that amp, by all means use them. Just don't expect the same performance as Sundown/DC/DD/AQ or any of the other more expensive higher quality gear. Having said that, if done properly, the gear you have should be able to make you happy for at least a little while as long as your expectations are reasonable. I have never met anyone that was satisfied with their first system, and I have never met anyone that ran the same gear (without changing ANYTHING)for more than a year or two. Best of luck and welcome to the community!

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

I have never met anyone that ran the same gear (without changing ANYTHING)for more than a year or two.

Lol I cant stand running the same stuff from week to week. I am constantly changing/tweaking my gear. My first time in the lanes I did a 137.1 Second time was a 140.0. Third time was 143.1.Same subs and box. All with in two weeks. And I only spent a little over $30. I love trying to get every last little DB out of my set up on as little money as possible with out cutting corners.

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

I have never met anyone that ran the same gear (without changing ANYTHING)for more than a year or two.

Lol I cant stand running the same stuff from week to week. I am constantly changing/tweaking my gear. My first time in the lanes I did a 137.1 Second time was a 140.0. Third time was 143.1.Same subs and box. All with in two weeks. And I only spent a little over $30. I love trying to get every last little DB out of my set up on as little money as possible with out cutting corners.

I just got my second box ever (first ported) had it tuned to 33hz. Love all of the different notes it could hit, relatively to the same sound level. Lasted one day and extended my port to 28hz. Doesn't like to hit anything below 29hz but 30-36 are insanely louder. But as soon as it goes higher my mids are almost louder lol.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Congrats on learning something about your set up krakin. Not a whole lot of people are willing to change a set up when they like the way it sounds.

Before we get to far off topic after jacking this guys thread, I think we should probably wait to hear from the OP and see what he thinks about everything. Im also curious to hear why he thinks he is only hit around 120 db's. If that was off a meter then he needs to drop 2 of the subs and build a proper box (not a prefab) for the two remaining subs and I bet he will see a huge gain in spl. 4 pioneer ts-w3002D2's should be at the very least in a 6 to 6.5 cubic foot box. I would like to know the specs on his current box. His subs are dual 2 ohm and 1000 watts rms. I would like to know how they are wired. Final ohm load? His alternator is only 100 amp. At best his amp is 1500 watts rms. But im going to go out on a limb and say he is not seeing more then 1000 watts. Divide 1000 watts up between 4 1000 watt rms subs. Hmm...I have a lot of questions. lol

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

Archived