Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

box build for 15 inch kicker L7


Recommended Posts

Posted

its very easy to do cant really mess it up i used a little stick of wood and just lightly dipped it in the paint can and slung it from a few feet away so it didnt pool up or get to much in one area

Posted

i really like the paint job! makes me really want to do it for my next box

thanks man. i just bought paint filler and put it on my box sanded it and painted it and it turned out great

Posted

if i was gunna keep my box i would have sanded the white smooth then hit the splatter then a GOOD quality clear coat woulda been the best but i am meeting the guy in 10 minutes to sell the sub n box..time for more builds

  • 2 months later...
Posted

i was hitting good in the 29-39 40+ and 26- no good play mostly decaf and if not its other chopped n screwed stuff but when i switch to a radio song or something higher it isnt as hard

last time i use a 1.25 extension instead of 2 was thinking of going to 2 inch now but im going the wrong way i guess

You can do this slight mod:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 33.6 Hz

Vb = 4.5 ft^3

External Height = 17 in

External Width = 31.5 in

External Depth = 24 in

Port Width = 4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 26 3/4 x 15 1/2

Front Internal = 25 1/4 x 15 1/2

Back = 31 1/2 x 15 1/2

Left & Right Sides:

Side 1 = 22 1/2 x 15 1/2

Side 2 = 23 1/4 x 15 1/2

Top & Bottom = 31 1/2 x 24

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 18 1/2 x 15 1/2

L715SFPF.jpg

Note: there's no extension and the port is slightly wider.

I know this post is a couple months old so don't jump on me about asking about a old post please, lol. But my question is what's the tuning of this box? I'm about to start building one of these boxes off these specs to put in my 2006 ford explorer. I listen to mostly rap (non mainstream) low hard hitting bass so I wanted to make sure these specs would work for me. I'm running a audiopipe apsm1500w class d amp on it, oh and my sub is a 15 inch L5 dual 4ohm. Thanks for any help!

Posted

I know this post is a couple months old so don't jump on me about asking about a old post please, lol. But my question is what's the tuning of this box? I'm about to start building one of these boxes off these specs to put in my 2006 ford explorer. I listen to mostly rap (non mainstream) low hard hitting bass so I wanted to make sure these specs would work for me. I'm running a audiopipe apsm1500w class d amp on it, oh and my sub is a 15 inch L5 dual 4ohm. Thanks for any help!

I drew that box up a while back, the specs are 4.5 cubic feet @ 33.5Hz you can see that in the fb and vb parameters listed, anyways that is a box for a trunk car, you can have a wider and less lengthy enclosure and a bit taller preserving the specs, also explorers most frequently are done sub up / port back or sub up / port driver's side, something like this:

L7SUPB_zps510acfa1.jpg

Posted

Yeah I was wanting sub up port facing rear, so measurements same as the other just different sub and port location? And thank you for the help i really appreciate it! your the man!

Posted

I know this post is a couple months old so don't jump on me about asking about a old post please, lol. But my question is what's the tuning of this box? I'm about to start building one of these boxes off these specs to put in my 2006 ford explorer. I listen to mostly rap (non mainstream) low hard hitting bass so I wanted to make sure these specs would work for me. I'm running a audiopipe apsm1500w class d amp on it, oh and my sub is a 15 inch L5 dual 4ohm. Thanks for any help!

I drew that box up a while back, the specs are 4.5 cubic feet @ 33.5Hz you can see that in the fb and vb parameters listed, anyways that is a box for a trunk car, you can have a wider and less lengthy enclosure and a bit taller preserving the specs, also explorers most frequently are done sub up / port back or sub up / port driver's side, something like this:

L7SUPB_zps510acfa1.jpg

I'm newer to box building so sorry for dumb questions I just wanna make sure I get this box right. Your help is greatly appreciated I've been reading all your post about boxes and you really know your stuff so I figured I'd ask you for a lil help

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 581 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...