Voltage drops when reving engine?

I just noticed that when I rev my engine in the blazer the voltage goes down and takes a few seconds to come back up. The needle will be at 14.5 or so and when I rev it goes down to 13 ish. I have a d3400 under hood with big 3 done. Stock alternator for the time being. Is this normal?

The d3400 is floating at 13.2 when truck is off.

kind of vehicle my be a computerized regulator

I don't think its computer regulated as it charges at 14.5 constant. My last car WAS and this is nothing like it so far. I asked mechman and they said that this year and model (2005 Blazer)does not have computer controlled voltage. Is there a way I can test the Alternator myself? I just bought the D3400 2 weeks ago and it seemed fine. I hope it's not that :s

Measure your voltage with a DMM. Make sure it is actually the charging system giving you issues and that you don't just have a bad gauge

UPDATE: Still no luck.

Ok, I just went out and did some tests,

- The belt seems fine, no slippage.

- My connections are all tight

- When I have DMM from altertator stud to battery negitive the voltage stays the same and works as it should but when I just read the battery terminals the voltage goes from 14.5 to 13.2ish when I let off the gas.

- I Checked resistance from alt to battery on DC Volts and it seems fine 0.00v (I got mixed results)

- I checked the resistance of my grounds to the frame and I really got mixed results. If I go from alt case to (dirty) frame I get crazy resistance but if i go from alt case to the bolt I used for my frame ground its perfect 0.00.

Heres how my Big 3 wwas done. All 1/0.

- 300A fused run from alt to battery positive.

- Ground from battery negitive to frame and the from frame (same bolt) to alt bracket. Yes I sanded the frame, used a star washer under the lug and coated in lithium grease.

I don't know what else to check or that I could try. I really hope it is not my battery as it floats fine and is brand new ... I have not had it load tested yet but I want to try everything else first... Thanks

Archived