from experience staying locked and loaded, or just cocked, what ever the choice doesnt really effect or damage it, its the constant action or the spring compressing and decompressing that will eventually cause damage. and that being said, not so much so on the recoil spring but on the magazine springs them self.

now as far as me, i keep it unloaded with the magazine loaded right next to it, I do have kids and to leave it loaded is against CA law, so i make it a bit harder, because my daughter cannot operate the function of the firearm.

but that also being said, if someone comes in my house and they here the mag get slammed into the pistol and the slide being cocked, they may just think twice.

If there were kids in the house I wouldn't keep mine loaded either, even though its locked. Everyone in my house is 18+ and as good or better then I am at operating firearms.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Springs incur stress from being compressed and decompressed repeatedly... Leaving it cocked and locked is fine (cocking doesnt apply to glock) but being loaded is fine...

The only thing i would suggest is if you unload your weapon alot dont put the exact same bullet in the top pf the mag repeatedly... It can cause bullet setback... Not guarantees to happen but I am not willing to take a chance and find out

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

from experience staying locked and loaded, or just cocked, what ever the choice doesnt really effect or damage it, its the constant action or the spring compressing and decompressing that will eventually cause damage. and that being said, not so much so on the recoil spring but on the magazine springs them self.

now as far as me, i keep it unloaded with the magazine loaded right next to it, I do have kids and to leave it loaded is against CA law, so i make it a bit harder, because my daughter cannot operate the function of the firearm.

but that also being said, if someone comes in my house and they here the mag get slammed into the pistol and the slide being cocked, they may just think twice.

I know you're following Kommiefornia law but I hope you never have to use your weapon for home defense bro because a simple task like slapping a mag in a gun and chambering a round can become difficult under intense moments of adrenaline/panic/duress not to mention tunnel vision... Trust me i know from experience

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I know you're following Kommiefornia law but I hope you never have to use your weapon for home defense bro because a simple task like slapping a mag in a gun and chambering a round can become difficult under intense moments of adrenaline/panic/duress not to mention tunnel vision... Trust me i know from experience

As do i myself, hopeful it never happens, but if it for some unfortunate reason it did i just hope i can stay as level headed and focused as possible.

I always have a round in the chamber and have a fulll pull trigger. if its not ready, than why have it. but you better know when its the right time to pull it also.

I have the S&W model 642 CT .38 spl, hammerless revolver. I keep it by my bed 24/7. The only downside is it only holds 5 rounds, but it has a laser and is ready to rock and roll. All I have to do is point and pull. If I ever have to use it, hopefully I can get the job done within 5 shots lol.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

i leave my 1911 cocked with one in the chamber. like everybody else said compressing/releasing springs is what wears them out. i personally have never understood why ppl buy weapons for home defense but them in a safe.

B2 Zero.7r - Soundqubed 4-120 - Digital Designs 9918 - Rockford Fosgate T1 5.25" - Deh-80prs - XS Power D3400 XS Power XP3000 - Mechman 250A - Big3

i leave my 1911 cocked with one in the chamber. like everybody else said compressing/releasing springs is what wears them out. i personally have never understood why ppl buy weapons for home defense but them in a safe.

It was a compromise in my case. The Mrs just was not comfortable with a loaded gun right by the bed. It's loaded in a quick access pistol safe on my nightstand. Would I prefer to ditch the safe? You bet. But turns out if you enjoy having 'physical relations' with your Mrs, you gotta learn that they make most the rules lol

I always have at least 1 cocked n locked that's easily accessible, and once im in the safe.... well shit, you better have an army, lots of choices there with a bunch mags gtg. leave your go to gun ready to rock. an empty gun= really pricey hammer.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

I always have at least 1 cocked n locked that's easily accessible, and once im in the safe.... well shit, you better have an army, lots of choices there with a bunch mags gtg. leave your go to gun ready to rock. an empty gun= really pricey hammer.

absolutely my man...

Archived