Sundown Audio

NEED HELP ON BUYING NEW AMP

asilayinruins

If you don't know which amp you want and why already you probably won't be happy with your purchase. You can let others do your thinking for you and sometimes it helps but you should be well sure you have chosen proper equipment before anything else, it eliminates a lot of headaches.

I will still say: for a powerful 2-ohm amplifier I like Kicker.

I'm gonna hate

Exactly what part of telling someone to run their 1 ohm stable amp at .5 ohm sounds good? He clearly isn't ready for that, if he's that unsure of himself to even choose a amp to use. He even states he new to the "game". And you can rely on rise, especially on music, one minute you'll be seeing 6 ohms the next .5. Op if your wanting to run at 2 ohms pick a amp that puts out the power you want to run at 2 ohms.

Exactly what part of telling someone to run their 1 ohm stable amp at .5 ohm sounds good? He clearly isn't ready for that, if he's that unsure of himself to even choose a amp to use. He even states he new to the "game". And you can rely on rise, especially on music, one minute you'll be seeing 6 ohms the next .5. Op if your wanting to run at 2 ohms pick a amp that puts out the power you want to run at 2 ohms.

Like i said, with proper electrical, running one of the two amps I listed at .5 will be fine. He may not be ready for that. But that's why I said as long as his electrical is up to par he will be fine. But if he wants to run at 2 ohms, have at it. Would be more efficient, but he will pay more for the amp.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

OP, since your new to the "game" i wouldn't run at .5Ohm ( imo).

Whats your budget like and what electrical do you already have/plan on doing for said amp?

DC audio, massive, hifonics, sundown,crescendo. Are all good makers at amps. any of those and you'll be fine.

I have a hifonics Brutus and beat the shit out of it and keeps on kicking just fine. for a entry level person like you, hifonics might be the way to go. just be sure to stick to the Brutus line as the other ones don't do rated power.

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

2 12" Treo SSX custom built.

6.47 cu ft, tuned to 32Hz

2 hifonics Brutus 2400.1, strapped

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

over 100ft 1/0 XS flex wire

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

145.3 on music, 142.6 sealed on music

Stop being a pussy and wall it off.

I hate when my google breaks too

I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.

hifonics should never be categorized with DC, Sundown, and Crescendo... lol

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

maybe in your book, it inst but in mine, i'll put the Brutus in there. best bang for the buck and for entry level, its probable the best way to go and as i stated, imo.

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

2 12" Treo SSX custom built.

6.47 cu ft, tuned to 32Hz

2 hifonics Brutus 2400.1, strapped

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

over 100ft 1/0 XS flex wire

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

145.3 on music, 142.6 sealed on music

Stop being a pussy and wall it off.

I hate when my google breaks too

I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.

Archived