Sonic Electronix

That's how 99.9% of companies do it, very few figure warranty length from date product was replaced/repaired. If they did that in theory warranty would never run out.

Its a brand new product though, so it should have a fresh warranty.
then a month before they warranty goes out, I request and RMA, get a new one. And repeat this once a year every year for the rest of my life. If it worked like that every company would go broke.
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

That's how 99.9% of companies do it, very few figure warranty length from date product was replaced/repaired. If they did that in theory warranty would never run out.

then a month before they warranty goes out, I request and RMA, get a new one. And repeat this once a year every year for the rest of my life. If it worked like that every company would go broke.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I am completely fine with that logic. However, as the consumer I assumed that new product = new warranty. And with nothing on the site, told verbally or in the RMA paperwork saying to the contrary why would I assume otherwise?

Believe me if it was conveyed in some way I would have made the time to get them in before the one year from date of purchase warranty expired. However, like someone said on the inside of the brand new in box product states the warranty information and doesn't outline from date of purchase.

I'm not looking to scam the system or obtain a replacement product through being deceitful. I truly and honestly had never heard of this before and am upset that it isn't conveyed to the consumer.

Also, I HAVE contacted Sonic and spoken with the Returns manager in which he just reiterated the policy and essentially gave no credence to my not being informed of their policies.

The one year warranty from sonic is on original purchase. So if you rma and pick something different i think the warranty still is only one year from purchase, not when you get a new product. I don't understand the point of this thread, if you hadn't waited to rma everything would have been fine. So, it would seem that procrastination is your real enemy here. It's obvious that this has been resolved, and you don't agree with their policy, crying about it won't change anything.

Well I don't know what warranty policies your used too. But I'm only 20 and in my entire life, a warranty has always been from date of purchase, if not told other wise for the exact thing I was talking about. Just seems like common sense to me.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

unfortunately, your "assumptions" are not Sonic's problem. You learned a new lesson.....Never assume.....it leads to assumptions.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco