Sonic Electronix

Long story short:

So I originally purchased my product on April 10, 2012 and then had to have them replaced in September under the manufacturer warranty. I ended up receiving a brand new product which I was very happy about. However, I have since had another issue in which I requested an RMA and the RMA was denied due to the warranty expiring on 4/10/13. Come to find out that the warranty is from date of purchase and not one year on the product itself... I'm extremely disappointed by this because I experienced the issue long before 4/10/13 but haven't had time to get the product back in and I believed I didn't have to rush because I had till September of this year... Nowhere on Sonic does it say this to prevent confusion nor did any of the reps inform me...

Anyone experience anything like this before? Because I'm quite bitter at the moment...

Help me understand this:

You had an issue, sent it in, got it replaced.

The replacement is having an issue, but is beyond 1 year from your original date of purchase so you can't get an RMA?

And I'm sure if you read the manual on whatever you bought.its says under warranty issue from date or purchase

No. It does not say it anywhere on their site nor did anyone tell me verbally after the initial replacement.

And in regards to life being that busy, yes, I work a 40 hour job, a 30 hour job, double major and have three kids. So yes it was not a top priority because I assumed I had till September.

And I'm sure if you read the manual on whatever you bought.its says under warranty issue from date or purchase

No. It does not say it anywhere on their site nor did anyone tell me verbally after the initial replacement.

And in regards to life being that busy, yes, I work a 40 hour job, a 30 hour job, double major and have three kids. So yes it was not a top priority because I assumed I had till September.

Does it say it in the manual? usually products come with a warranty card that outlines the details of your warranty. I think you would be better off consulting that ;)

If you want to call up and get things sorted out.. Here is sonic's phone number

1-877-289-7664

That's how 99.9% of companies do it, very few figure warranty length from date product was replaced/repaired. If they did that in theory warranty would never run out.

Its a brand new product though, so it should have a fresh warranty.

2012 Ram 3500. HTT 2nd Gen manifold Swap, HTT s465 Turbo, FASS 150, 6" S&B Intake, 5" TBE, RaceMe programmer, 8 inch tip (dumped over axle) 20x12s on 35s, 6 inch lift, Color match & haloed headlights, 30" lightbar flush mounted in bumper.

2 Sundown audio SD-2 12s and a Soundqubed Q1-1200d amp.

2000 s10 xtreme *SOLD*

1zh2yaf-1.png