head gasket or piston rings

So my mom told me she was have problems with her car, so i go and check it out and find the spark plugs covered in oi. I also noticed that around the heads there is signs of oil build up.

The car hasn't over heated so i know the heads are good, but could a head gasket still blow.i don't see signs if coolant just oil

Spark plug20130511_160310.jpg

Oil build up on the head 20130511_164359.jpg

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

check the pcv valve. get the compression checked also. could be bad rings

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

Deff the head gasket bro I'm a tech and I know for a fact its a head gasket

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

Well the spark plugs don't look like they've seen coolant, so I would think piston rings. If it was heads, the spark plugs would be steam cleaned, at least they were in my case. I had a blown head gasket and three cracks in my cylinder head.

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_st

Could be PCV valve, do you have blow by? Could be rings. Could be something else. That buildup around the dispstick makes me think you have blow by, in which case you should check the pcv valve first.

alot of could be's, do a compression test to check rings, clean up the oil so you can spot where the oil is coming from, going to have to do process of elemination to get to the bottom, who knows it could be both or even something elese.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

My car had a bad head gasket and the plugs were normal....

head gasket eh? explain to me why that oil is on the valve cover around where the valve cover gasket meets the head, not the head gasket.

Thats caused by oil seepage and dirt collecting.

Combustion gas fluid test or a 4 gas analyzer would be the way to test that for a head gasket issue in the radiator neck to test for combustion gasses in the cooling system.

As for the plug, being that isnt a shiny looking black and more of a flat black, i am going to say that cylinder is running rich as hell. If it was a shinny black, it would be a severe oil burning issue.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Archived