Sundown Audio

SoundStorm (SSL) EV4000D need suggestions

Tyler E. Hickom

So I have a SoundStorm (SSL) EV4000D. I've had it for about a year and a half, and never have had a problem with it, except that I have blown two Subs with it. The first one was a Pioneer TS-W3002D4 which lasted about 8 months and then the most current one which blew today was a Kicker CompRT12. So i need suggestions of what kind of sub i should get because obviously the last two were a fail. I want something that will thump my price range is up to $250. Hope I can get some feedback.

Soundquebed HDC3 12" shouldn't blow that with that amp. A sdc 2.5 would also work I'm sure.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Kicker subs are usually pretty tough to blow. Sounds like you are clipping. You might want to address that before you blow up something more expensive.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

How did you tune your amp? Cuz maybe it's not the subs fault they are blowing. What do your box specs look like

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

You have blown 1000 rms and 800 rms subs on an amp that I doubt makes that much power. I could be wrong about the power but I am pretty sure either the gain was set too high or bass boost was a little too high. Those subs should not have blown on that amp with a clean/unclipped signal.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I can guarantee it has nothing to do with the subs. I've installed both of those and assume it's user error with the amp.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived