Second Skin Audio

Sub Making A Funny Noise?

maybe its that humungous box? not saying it is but maybe you should try free airing it on low power to see if its the sub or just that when its in the box and your slamming on it your excessing the mechanical limits.

i agree...i really think that box is too big and its probably bottoming out on every note...

i likes me some audio stuff...

atomic 5000.1 what should my bass boost be set at i got it on 18db lol its wide open should i turn it down and then turn my gain up a lil bit my gain isnt quite half way but my bass boost is all the way up

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

its not doing it free air but there is a jingle noise cominf from under the spider is that normal it sounds like when your voice coils shatered or whatever but only on high volume

1998 gmc sierra

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

atomic 5000.1 what should my bass boost be set at i got it on 18db lol its wide open should i turn it down and then turn my gain up a lil bit my gain isnt quite half way but my bass boost is all the way up

Theres your problem.....

and your gain should be around 1/4 the way up, maybe a lil more, but no where even close to HALF!!!! Since the Input sensitivity is 200mV -6V.

And what size is your box?

its not doing it free air but there is a jingle noise cominf from under the spider is that normal it sounds like when your voice coils shatered or whatever but only on high volume

Is there any cooling on the sub?

I know when I free aired my 9518 it sounds like the sub is making funny noises, but its just the air being sucked in and out of the cooling vents, which is normal.

Before I sent my first sub in for the recone, part of the wiring wrapped around the coil came off, and it would bounce around and slap against the inside of the magnet making a ting type sound (the sub had over 5 years play time on it, but still played).

i turned it to 1/3 and it the bass boost was half and yes the sub has cooling but it wasnt the air getting sucked into it adn the box is 11 cubes but i talked to aotmic and they said it was good

1998 gmc sierra

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

bass boost = death to woofer

no bass boost

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT