1200 watts for $56.99! - To good to be true? Cheap amp tested: SMD AD-1 Amplifier Dyno

Side note: The maximum theoretical power that an amplifier could produce at full clipping (square wave) is double the clean RMS. In the real world it is usually about 30-50% more. So an amp that does 50 watts per channel clean could put out 65-75 watts clipped and distorted to hell. However, the peak SPL wouldn't increase by this same amount, if at all.

Curious how you think these companies that grossly over rate their amps are doing their ratings. You reckon they're just making it up? Squaring maximum voltage?

~ 200w for $57. That's ~ $0.29/watt clean. Hmm... even though the ratings are inflated, it's still cheaper dollar per watt than a lot of amps I can think of.

Just playing devil's advocate.

i dunno bro - that is the sale price. Who know's what the MSRP on it is. My RF T2500.1bd is $1599 but i think most people can find them for about $1100 (or cheaper) online. They are all in the 3300 watt range which would put them @ .33 cents a watt or less depending where you got it. Ill take the RF, thanks. LOL :D

I remember back in the day, when 1.00/Watt was considered good... LOL...

VbjgkeI.jpg

xs.jpg

DCSig.jpg

boss is the boss

you cant go wrong with Boss...because Boss gets your money

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

And what amp is that?

B2 M1

I'm surprised by how many people are surprised by the results. Lol.

i doubt you see 10K and i doubtyour voltage is always at 14.4 or higher...

Actually... I was being conservative. It's more than 10k. And yes... my voltage is fine.

umm...yes its rated more than 10K at 16Volts....but they take a big amount of energy for the amp alone to get it going at full power

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

And what amp is that?

B2 M1

i doubt you see 10K and i doubtyour voltage is always at 14.4 or higher...

Actually... I was being conservative. It's more than 10k. And yes... my voltage is fine.

umm...yes its rated more than 10K at 16Volts....but they take a big amount of energy for the amp alone to get it going at full power

It's underrated. And I use caps. I have no amperage or voltage concerns.

i have this same amp in my truck now lol itss a joke i have it a 2.7ohms on one channel no bass boost nothin and its protected after like 45 min before and my electrical doesnt go below 14v glad to see this though lol

and dont hate on me lol i bought it before i knew anything and have yet to be able to afford a new amp

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

And what amp is that?

B2 M1

I'd believe his statements. TFade is hardly a noob or a bullshitter.

I think because of the initial gut shots, people were (I guess are) still skeptical. It was a little disappointing when Trippy's flatline amps were clamped so people kind of shrugged them off. I like new companies being injected into the community, whether or not they deserve to stay is to be seen.

I love my AQ20s but might be willing to try some of these beauties. But now we're off topic. Let's clamp/dyno some 8k+ amps and figure watt per dollar!

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

crank up the voltage until it puts out the claimed power or blows up. have some fun with it :lildevil:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.