Girl wins $50,000 for her use of.....a supercapacitor for a cell phone charger

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/teen-invention-could-charge-cellphones-20-seconds-143535710.html?vp=1

"A California teen’s invention could potentially knock down cellphone-charging time to a superfast 20 seconds.

So far, the energy-storage device has powered only an LED light, but it has the potential to do much more.

The future certainly looks bright for 18-year-old Eesha Khare, who pocketed a $50,000 prize for the Young Scientist award from the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in Phoenix, Ariz., for her tiny and possibly revolutionary device.

Khare sees the device as potentially powering car batteries, cellphones or any electronics that could use a rechargeable battery.

“My cellphone always dies,” Khare explained to NBC San Francisco, when asked what inspired her invention.

The supercapacitor, she explains on CBS San Francisco, is “basically an energy source device that can hold a lot of energy in a small amount of volume.”

The Harvard-bound teen has caught the attention of Google, who has approached her about her device.

Regardless of what happens to the supercapacitor, we're sure to hear more from the high school senior—at least according to Khare. “I’m going to be setting the world on fire,” she said.

"

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

I want to see it in action, not just talked about... :shrug:

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

is it available for car audio too?

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

is it available for car audio too?

That's why I posted it, but it's also kind of a cool story too. I've seen people talk about supercapacitors around here, and it mentions using them to "potentially power car batteries."

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Excuse my cynicism, but after looking it up more sure she didn't really invent anything?

Her "device" didn't do anything with a phone, seems like the media is running with it.

"The gadget has so far only been tested on an LED light, but the good news is that it has a good chance of working successfully in other devices, like mobile phones, the report said."

It's not like carbon based energy storage is new. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for young people trying to develop new technology but I just don't see why they gave her 50 grand to develop something that's already being developed.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Excuse my cynicism, but after looking it up more sure she didn't really invent anything?

Her "device" didn't do anything with a phone, seems like the media is running with it.

"The gadget has so far only been tested on an LED light, but the good news is that it has a good chance of working successfully in other devices, like mobile phones, the report said."

It's not like carbon based energy storage is new. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for young people trying to develop new technology but I just don't see why they gave her 50 grand to develop something that's already being developed.

Well aren't you just a bottle of sunshine......

lol no, I agree with you. don't know how it came about with "inventing" anything

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's