Sony is not the only company with blu-ray patents. Never was. There are multiple companies that held the pantents as follows:

I could be wrong but I think Sony has the one in order to have a bluray player in a game console though

Entire Xbox Conference summed up in 1:40

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I love how this is an XBOX ONE topic and all of these people coming in here nuthugging Ps4 from the get go. The 360,Ps3 and Ps4 are "entertainment systems" and do a lot more than just gaming in case you haven't noticed. You all act like because of the extra features that gaming isn't the same... The gaming aspect is still 100% there as it always was. You just got more options and flexability for if you decide not to play a game at some point. As far as looks, It could look better but as said it's about what's under the hood that matters. I have played systems from both companies and have to say that I also would rather pay 59.99 a year for a better online experience. To me, Sony just seems to make a console and "forget" about it. I know people who have Ps3's just to hack the games without being penalized. That being said, They both have simalar hardware. It will be the software and vendors that will make or brake these consoles.

no its all the extra features that make them not last as long anymore they fry out to quick due to heat from so much and more and more it keeps going down the list both the 360 and ps3 have heat issues that are still not addressed and go bad by heating the chips up and the solder seperates

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

I like it overall. There are a few important things that need to be cleared up for me though.

1. Will it support used games and if so at what cost/ how does cloud work

2. What is the MSRP?

3. If it really plans to be the ONE box needed for my entertainment system, how will it handle that? Can I record cable shows to my cable box' DVR? Or how does it connect?

Otherwise imo it looks good. Graphics and related will be much much better. This isnt nintendo. $35/ yr for xbox live imo is well worth it so im good on tht. The integration of so many devices is a plus. Not having to even have the remote at hand to watch tv is nice for us lazy/ constantly losing the remote ppl. The controller having feedback in the triggers is cool, feeling the engine rev through the controller to the triggers a gear change or receiving feedback from one of four feedback motors as to the direction of fire etc is nice. It did seem very very quick imo to switch from game to tv to movie to w.e

It looks fine to me. not stunning not terrible, but if i can take literally 6-7 black boxes on my tv stand and just have ONE. im happy. I heard multi display mentioned.. um really? thtd be cool.

The ESPN/ NFL partnerships are a plus for me. If theres one thing i enjoy on a daily basis its ESPN. NFL is my favorite, if these partnerships are as integral as they say they are, im f'ing pumped. Madden look stupid sweet to me.

All in all, I cant wait for e3. I think thats where the real story will come out. This was just a teaser. So far so good.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

im liking the xbox one, just read up some on it and the voice command to turn it on is cool and I doubt that I the only voice command it will have. I mean why only give it one voice command? the fact that its like a hub for all you media from tv to games and music is great. a simple wave of the hand with Kinect and bam watching the superbowl. wave your hand again after the superbowl and look at that madden for you and your football buddies to play. I think that is a win all around.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Sony is not the only company with blu-ray patents. Never was. There are multiple companies that held the pantents as follows:

Panasonic

CyberLink Corporation

Dell Inc.

Hewlett-Packard Company

Hitachi Ltd.

Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V.

LG Electronics Inc.

Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (Panasonic)

Mitsubishi Electric Corporation

Pioneer Corporation

Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.

Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd.

Sharp Corporation

Sony Corporation

TDK Corporation

Victor Company of Japan, Ltd.

Warner Home Video Inc.

Apperantly you havent seen who these companies buy there shit from sony owns the rights to BluRay u might want to look shit up first, just because other companies have it doesnt mean they own it

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

So if you want to us the Blu ray logo you pay sony because they own the rights and if you dont use the logo on a blu ray guess what you get fucking sued

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

And i mean i dont get used games alllll that often anymore. I used to when i played a lot more but in recent years, its more likely ill buy 1-3 or 4 big titles each year instead of going to gamestop like every week like i used to. I guess it depends on how much that fee is.. I mean if its $10 itll still work. no one is going to buy a game at gamestop for 49.99 knowing theyll have to put in 10 extra when they could just get the new one for 59.99. The used game price will have to come down to compensate for w.e amount the next buyer will have to pay to switch the liscense. And in turn, the trade in value will drop because gamestop had to lower its prices and it all goes round and round.

BUT if the fee is like 35+ dollars, then yea used games sales are wiped out. In which case itd be smart to drop the price of new games to counter this. if they said ok were gonna nuke used games, but drop the new price to 45 bucks, then ok...

if they nuke and say buy new or gtfo and who cares, thatll suck i agree, but its not the end of the world imo.. i dont buy used as much as i used to anyway. gamestop is a rip off most of the time. ebay is a different story.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Archived