Second Skin Audio

someone tell me if this would be right for my walled 02 silverado on 4 OA 15s

jeffrm

Don't read this the wrong way... But I have a question.

Why are you walling your car but asking us for advice on your box? It seems a bit odd that you are willing to do that but can't design your own box. Not saying you are stupid or something... It just strikes me as odd

My own opinion: thicker wood. More bracing. 1.5" at least with a brace for every opposite panel. Panel flex is exponential. With a larger panel, you not only have more surface area to create pressure, but the wood is larger and the pressure has more "leverage" on it.

And since you are doing flush mount make it a triple baffle. That way you have 2 layers of wood for your screws to bite into.

What do you plan on using for bracing? Specs look good on the enclosure though. What subs and what power are an important question. I agree on triple baffle, maybe glass all corners. Looks like the design will get downright nasty though.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Don't read this the wrong way... But I have a question.

Why are you walling your car but asking us for advice on your box? It seems a bit odd that you are willing to do that but can't design your own box. Not saying you are stupid or something... It just strikes me as odd

My own opinion: thicker wood. More bracing. 1.5" at least with a brace for every opposite panel. Panel flex is exponential. With a larger panel, you not only have more surface area to create pressure, but the wood is larger and the pressure has more "leverage" on it.

And since you are doing flush mount make it a triple baffle. That way you have 2 layers of wood for your screws to bite into.

x2

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Subs: 4 Obsidian 15s

Amp: RD 3250.1

Bracing: 1" steel bar welded to mounting plates where needed. And all major walls will be externally braced with 2x4s. And the flush mount may not happen.

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

2 ampere audio 3800s @ .5 each

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

And the only reason I'm asking for help is so that I can get it right. this is a box that will slide in where my back seat was, and trimmed out.

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

Why a steal bar versus all thread? Seems like alot of work and weight using steal bars and mounting plate. I know it would be cool to say its braced with steal bars an all but I would use ether 2x2 bracing or all thread. 2x2 would be cleaner install imo

Because you can get more support with a smaller piece of steel bar vs wood. And if I was to use a long piece of all thread front to back it would not be as stiff as the bar, and would most likely vibrate and create noise.

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

Archived