I had similar issues with noise with my .3 and the program freezing.. Not sure exactly what I did to stop the noise but I tore my amp rack apart thinking rca's were to close to power/ground wires on the back of the rack but that wasn't it either. I took all my amp grounds and .3 ground off rear battery and went straight to old jump seat bolt with it which I had swapped to a longer bolt to go through the body then ran 1/0 from that bolt to frame under cab. It did help with the noise a little but it didn't go away,I still don't know what I did but I just went ahead and started setting gains with DD-1 then hooked the amps back up through the 360.3(I know that's not the right way to set them,supposed to set them from the .3 out,I am going to redo all of them though) and the noise went away somehow. I noticed in Steve's video on the chavelle that he had the volume levels all the way up for the channels,mine are around halfway so I'm going to turn all the .3 levels up and redo all gains with DD-1. I still occasionally have small issues with the.3 freezing up but RF is always updating the software so just keep checking for updates. Build is looking good keep up the work.. BTW I'm using the same RF rca's with all 4 of my RF amps and don't have any problems with them so you should be fine. I'd like to get some of those SMD rca's but I'll be damned if I'm paying that much for them,hell I thought the twisted RF's were expensive but those SMD's are just rediculous.. I'm not hating on them at all but damn it's like $60 for 3' rca's.. No thanks.

Thanks for the info, yeah I'd say 1out of 10 times my 360.3 doesn't turn on so I have to just turn it off and on again. Also what is really annoying is the remote keeps reseting it's self. So I have to turn the bass and mastervolume up almost everytime or you cant hear anything. Yeah I agree smd rca's aren't the cheapest, I assume based on other smd products I own you get what you pay for. I've payed that much for a set of streetwires n7 sieries back when I used to run mtx stuff, so price wise there is others out there that are just as expensive.

Also kinda lame is I wasnt able to plug the rf rca's directly into my dd-1. I tried but it didn't quite go all the way in and wasn't getting a signal and if I pushed it any harder I felt I was going to break something. So to check the HU volume distortion I had to do it through the amp, and kinda unsure it read it right with all the issues I have.

Doesn't turn on? I've never had that happen but mine has froze up bad enough that it will not power down even with truck off when the program itself froze on my laptop,the .3 was lit up blue like it was connected to laptop still.. So I had to either pull the power connector from the .3 or pull the fuse for the power wire and let it sit for a few seconds to get it to come back on. I'm sure you get what you pay for with those SMD rca's but I won't pay that much for RCA's ever.. I'll stick with my RF's or Stinger,have no problems with them whatsoever..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah just waiting for rf to comeout with some updates for it. Friggin get sick of having to adjust the remote volume for the master volume and the subs everytime I get in the truck

So the system is at the point where it sounds good, but it isnt as loud as I know it should be. Still figuring out the problem but it's tolerable. Gonna rock it for a few more days and see if I can't get it to sound even better. Then maybe a video, waring though I've never done a video.

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

• 2 weeks later...

Well decided to do something I've been wanting to get done for a long time and that is fix my exhaust on this truck. When I got this truck it came with very nice true dual exhaust, separate from headers to cats to mufflers to tips. wich was really good it sounded nice but the installer bent the tubing waaaay too close to my spare tire and melted it on both sides. so I bought a new full size spare and cut the exhaust at the muffler and then swapped out the two flowmaster mufflers(single 3" in sigle 3" out) for a single flowmaster(dual 2.5" inlet dual 2.5" outlet) pictured below then just put some turn downs on it to keep it from melting stuff.

Yes I know there were some leaks, good thing I got rid of this set up.
2013-08-07_17-28-23_714_zpsbbc85964.jpg

2013-08-07_17-28-41_968_zpsfb68ccee.jpg

But these 8.1l motors really work off of that backpressure, wich this set up didn't have enough with the previouse setups. Both gave it too much flow and gave me less bottom end torque. So I ordered something that was made and designed for my big block from flowmaster. I gotta say it works sooo much better! :D Here is the new shiz!

2013-08-07_10-30-32_970_zps2466c7b3.jpg

2013-08-07_10-26-31_406_zpsf69a0fe9.jpg

The kit came with everything needed to just bolt it on wich I eneded up doing first to hold it in place but turned out to be a little bit of a longer solution because our little wire feed welder jamed and had to ditch the spool and wait a couple days to get some new wire.

I recommend welding up exhaust as much as you can, I used the clamps for about 2 days and it leaked out of every seem.

So yeah that's what we did! Had my buddy weld er' all up nice and tight for me.

2013-08-09_19-12-54_410_zps2836b45b.jpg

2013-08-09_19-14-56_45_zps2baf92d9.jpg

2013-08-09_19-15-12_815_zpsdcd164b0.jpg

imagejpeg_0_1_zps8d7f37a0.jpg

imagejpeg_0_zpsf7f7b0aa.jpg

2013-08-09_19-18-40_730_zpsb08c6508.jpg

2013-08-09_19-18-53_567_zpsf3689e83.jpg

2013-08-09_19-19-30_48_zps2e0844dc.jpg

2013-08-09_19-19-53_482_zps98d07324.jpg

Huge difference! Sounds great! At first it was very quiet, I couldn't even hear it in my cab. A few days later and it has a nice deep tone! Sounds nice and healthy when you get on it! My bro has the same truck same motor and he has the true dual set up I used to have and I definatly think this sounds better, and feels better!

BTW the new exhaust is a flowmaster 50 series muffler, dual 3" inlet and a single 3.5" outlet. Just a little bit more flow than stock but not too much, just enough :)

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Well my truck and exhaust was clean for a day :D

This was from one little puddle out at my parents house.

2013-08-11_15-37-38_171_zps62f5a91f.jpg

2013-08-11_15-37-22_151_zpsf9511ff9.jpg

Yeah just waiting for rf to comeout with some updates for it. Friggin get sick of having to adjust the remote volume for the master volume and the subs everytime I get in the truck

So the system is at the point where it sounds good, but it isnt as loud as I know it should be. Still figuring out the problem but it's tolerable. Gonna rock it for a few more days and see if I can't get it to sound even better. Then maybe a video, waring though I've never done a video.

Concerning your amps and the 360.3 which i also have installed with the same twisted RCA's.The 360 is designed so that no other crossover is needed.Your amps crossovers need to be set to Allpass and punch EQ turned all the way down.Reset your 360 by disconnecting the power,reconnect than set it up as if for the first time.Make sure you also go into the 360 program under remote and assign the Knobs for both master and sub.Your RCA's i noticed are very close to your power wires and just guessing that this could attribute to the noise,Hope this helped.

Also check your 360 screen under the subs part and make sure the box for L/R link box is checked.

Sub crossover on 360 set to 80hz

Mid high set from 3500 to 80hz.

/\ /\ /\ Thanks man, I'm really liking it! For sure weld that up, worth waiting around for someone to do it right. Even if you pay a shop to do it. Also do dome research and make sure the exhaust will actually improve performance. Should be fine if your going to just do a muffler swap, just double check and find some reveiws on the exhaust if your going to change piping dia. or adding outlets, Also becarefull if you decide to take the cat(s) out. Some vehicles will do wierd things if you have multiple o2 sensors in that area, more so if you have one after the cat. Those things filter alot of shiz out so if you have an O2 after it's going to get alot different readings than it did when the the cats were in and try to adjust for that. Possibly dump a ton of fuel and make you get crappy mpg's. Or it could bogg your motor down, Ive seen it happen before. Every vehicle is different especialy cars and trucks. If there's anything I learned with all my different setups is more flow isn't always better, you can have too much of it. Most daily driving vehicles need a certain amount of backpressure to work properly. I'm saying all of this just in general not for anyone specifically :)

So I'm really tempted to bypass my 360 and see what happens. The thing is really random, and not reliable wich makes me sad because when it works, it works great. About 25% of the time when I start my truck up it flashes red and blue and I have to restart my truck, or it lights up fine and no music comes out and I have to restart. Then there is the volume control issue that happens 90% of the time and it turn the subs and master volume all the way down and its just annoying I have to turn them up everytime.

I think I'm going to try and unplugg the rca's for the subs going into the 360 and use the signal from the front or rear and see if that solves my issue for my weak signal. At least it will tell me if its weak going into the 360 or coming out of it. I dunno but it's worth a try.

Got a small update:

I ditched the rca's for my subs and just used the signal from the front's for them and it seems to work alot better. At least I was able to set the gains on my t2500.1 with the dd-1. This time it did show distortion when the gains were at about half. Wierdly though is the little sweep meters on the amp turn red when it gets distortion and they were red before the light lit on my dd-1 was....? So which one do I go by? I set it between where the amp showed distortion and where the dd-1 showed distortion. Sounds good but I know it's confusing because when I turn it up almost full tilt and the bass sounds really good and loud, they aren't bottoming out or anything defiinaty don't sound distorted. I look back at the amp and the sweep meter for output is hitting the red so I have to turn the bass knob down. Even lower than I had it when I set the system...?

I've played the subs now for a couple hour sessions at pretty high levels and the coils are bearly warm. Before in other set ups when I would do that they would get very warm, like 120-135degrees on my temp gun running off of my t1500.1bdcp. Now they are almost cool to the touch running off of my t2500.

The amp dyno would be nice to see how much power they are seeing :)

Also I fixed my head lights! The little tabs that hold them inplace broke so I got new ones, and put in HID's for the high's and lows's. Also bought some LED bulbs for the fog lights. Then I put some dioed's in my fuse box under the hood that makes it where my low's stay on when my high's are on, and same for my fog lights.

Here's what broke

2013-08-20_17-33-12_166_zps82453c64.jpg

To make sure these didn't do the same I beefed them up with some metal strips, found some old banding strips for packaging that worked great. Then just drilled new hole that were almost exact size for the pins to slide through and that helped because before there was really big holes and the headlights could move around quite a bit, now they are solid! And yes those are a bunch of zip ties securing the new metal clips I made onto the original plastic tabs but it works great and I didn't feel like using screws or some epoxy.

2013-08-20_17-30-59_476_zps4355c2e8.jpg

These are some slim balasts I found, they are a lot smaller than any other's I've installed, usually I cant's fit one in this spot but I was able to fit two on each side!

FYI I had to reverse the plugs so they would work, dunno why they came backwards but with this style plug from GM you can actually take the wires out of the plug and put them back in differently if you want.

2013-08-20_17-30-48_57_zpsb33a0526.jpg

Here is the led bulb I found for my fog light's, they were about 45 bucks a pair, didn't feel like I needed HID's for them. Each bulb has 9 very bright led's.

2013-08-20_17-29-15_79_zpsd8911621.jpg

Here is a $1 way you can make your light's brighter. This makes my low beams stay on with my high beams, also my fog's stay on. Just a couple of cheap diodes

2013-08-20_17-31-17_317_zps412ab3dd.jpg

Here is how she looks all lit up :)

2013-08-19_17-10-30_358_zps0edd726d.jpg

2013-08-19_17-10-47_434_zpsc705d4a8.jpg

Soooooo much brighter, especially after adjusting them. These after market ones are a bit more of a pain to adjust then the factory ones, but I think they look better.

I think I'll have to try and get a pic of them at night, might update this post later tonight

When I dd-1 my T2500's I also had to turn gain and Punch EQ all the way up to see distortion, i was/am like WTF never really figured out why yet. Changing things up ATM

Also, when I dd-1 them the amps go to the red before the DD-1 shows distortion also, I chose to go by the DD-1 because it uses Analog signal and detects minute distortion etc. idk which is right or not.

I will be following this for sure as you are having same issues as me......

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

don't pay any attention to the output meter on the RF power amps,they don't show clipping,even Steve has said that. If the DD-1 shows it's not clipping then it's not so wang on them bitches..

Archived