just a little bit of electrical tape er what holy shit lol but I would prob do the same haha

Dude I live in Florida so it's hotttt all the time,rainy,muddy,etc.. so I used techflex and two wraps of split loom then taped it so it didn't come undone.. Also the bolts under there have a lockwasher,nut,LW,nut and then jam nut on both bolts so it's not going anywhere

not sure if you solved the problem with noise on 360.3 but when I was using 360.2 I had to put gains on 360's software all the way up and than set gains on amp. it solved the problem for me.. I wasnt using DD1 or oscope ( unfortunately )

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

And sorry bout the clutter and thread jacking on your build bro. Try changing your ground like I did and see if it helps you bro.. Good luck with it..

sorry karkov,I forgot you're not running the.3...Yes when I grounded straight to the body/frame like that the issue was pretty much gone but I think it could have something to do with the ground from front batt to rear batt and it's creating the alt whine but I'm not sure if that was it or not.. I'm not familiar with the grounding sensor on the newer tahoes but doesn't make any sense to me that you couldn't run a ground straight to the frame in the back for the amps and batts..

How many rear batts do you have? I wonder if hooking up to the farthest batt from where the front runs are hooked up (batts hooked together anyways) would diminish the alt whine or make it worse.

It's just that the PCM uses that ground sensor to decide how much amperage the alt puts out so if you ground amps to body frame and all other negative/grounds go straight from alt to batt to batt etc. (per Mechman) then the amp grounds are using grounding current that the sensor is not seeing thus creating the alt to pump out less than needed amperage because it is not reading all ground current of the vehicle. I hope that makes sense

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

And sorry bout the clutter and thread jacking on your build bro. Try changing your ground like I did and see if it helps you bro.. Good luck with it..

^^ Agreed, sorry.

I will try both techniques for grounding when I put things back in and see what results i get. Should be interesting, Can't wait to see!!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

sorry karkov,I forgot you're not running the.3...Yes when I grounded straight to the body/frame like that the issue was pretty much gone but I think it could have something to do with the ground from front batt to rear batt and it's creating the alt whine but I'm not sure if that was it or not.. I'm not familiar with the grounding sensor on the newer tahoes but doesn't make any sense to me that you couldn't run a ground straight to the frame in the back for the amps and batts..

How many rear batts do you have? I wonder if hooking up to the farthest batt from where the front runs are hooked up (batts hooked together anyways) would diminish the alt whine or make it worse.

It's just that the PCM uses that ground sensor to decide how much amperage the alt puts out so if you ground amps to body frame and all other negative/grounds go straight from alt to batt to batt etc. (per Mechman) then the amp grounds are using grounding current that the sensor is not seeing thus creating the alt to pump out less than needed amperage because it is not reading all ground current of the vehicle. I hope that makes sense. I only have a D1200 in the rear and that grounding kind of makes sense to me but it also sounds stupid as hell.. These damn new vehicles and their electronics and computer BS is annoying. I would probably listen to Mechman but if you still have problems after new HU is in then I would try anything at that point..

not sure if you solved the problem with noise on 360.3 but when I was using 360.2 I had to put gains on 360's software all the way up and than set gains on amp. it solved the problem for me.. I wasnt using DD1 or oscope ( unfortunately )

That's what RF techs told me when I called them... I adjusted .3 gains then amp gains along with the different grounding I tried and pooofff it was gone..

No probs guys there's useful info in there, my amps are grounded to the rear batteries wich are directly grounded to the front batts. my 360 goes from the back up to my center console where I have all my added electrical accessories powered and grounded. They are on a dist block grounded to the frame.

03 xtreme fosgate just saw your tahoe build and went through all 13 pages, sick as hell bro!! I'll make sure to leave some support on there 4 ya!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

No probs guys there's useful info in there, my amps are grounded to the rear batteries wich are directly grounded to the front batts. my 360 goes from the back up to my center console where I have all my added electrical accessories powered and grounded. They are on a dist block grounded to the frame.

03 xtreme fosgate just saw your tahoe build and went through all 13 pages, sick as hell bro!! I'll make sure to leave some support on there 4 ya!

That would Karkov's tahoe with the 4 T2 15's and 2 T2500 bd's??

/\ /\ /\ Yeah my bad I was talking about karkov's hoe. But I did go through your truck pics on photo bucket and I'm impressed man! I also have an extended can sonoma(s10) for my other ride and it's no where near as nice as yours. You got tons of sick gear in there, and the front end looks really nice! You have a build log on here, with descriptions and stuff?

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

looks good !!!...

ALPINE - DVA-7996

ALPINE - TME-M790

APPLE - iPad2

RF - 3SIXTY.3

RF - T1500.1 (x2)

RF - T600.4 (x2)

RF - T1D412 (x2) 12"

MOREL - 804 8"

MOREL - MW6 (x4) 6.5"

MOREL - CDM880 (x4) 3.5"

MOREL - MT250 (x4) 1.25"