Short ride on the VFR without cans (open cat) Motor sounds awesome.

Well thats cool that it sounds great.. But isnt the overall design kind of over complicated?
Not to mention inefficient because of the 180 + 90 degree firing pattern between cylinder 3 and 2?

Either way pretty cool never knew a V4 existed!

Most of the cornering around here are fast sweepers so I don't touch peg much. Also, I use my body as a counterbalance on almost every corner keeping the bike as upright as possible. When my peg does touch, that means I'm close to as far as she will go (big fat sport touring pig)

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Holy hell that's a beaut. I was looking at CBR 600RR's but I might look I to a VFR now .

Good shit .thats the one you plasti dipped ? Paint still looks fresh

Yeah that is still the one I dipped! It has taken a bit of a beating and I've had to reapply the dip in some places but overall its held up. I think I'll be making it red again here soon because (just like the sound) I like to think of it as a really sleek refined bike which is better supported by the solid red paint than the black.

The VFR is a "good at everything great at nothing" kind of bike. I can play in the twisties with CBRs and I can tour with the cruisers but I cant quite tour as comfortably as a harley and I can't quite jam on twisty roads like a cbr so its all in what you are looking for out of a bike. Its also a bit on the heavier side, 470 dry iirc so it rides steady like a cadillac rather than being thrown around by road conditions and big trucks like smaller/lighter bikes. The VFR is very sure-footed.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Its all rider anyway, I would much rather have a vfr or similar style bike then 600cc spotbike unless I only rode track.

When I go up on Angeles Crest highway I see guys pass me with their knees dragging on cbr's and right behind them another guy on bmw roadster style bike(standard) going just as fast. Rarely do I see someone with enough skill up there that they actaully use a liter bike or 600 to its full potential. I definitely never will, I ride what I have because its nimble, i sit in a good position for daily, still more then fast enough, and looks great imo. I could never ride my bike to potential on a mountain road.

Just glad to see fellow riders on here. Nice leathers. I need to get some made since season is in full swing now.

I like the VFR and have for a while, I think they took a step backward with the newest model though.

Great motor, I've always had a spot for the rvt1000/RC51 too. Man I was at the dealer buying my bike and almost bought a rvt with 10k on it instead.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

When I go up on Angeles Crest highway I see guys pass me with their knees dragging on cbr's and right behind them another guy on bmw roadster style bike(standard) going just as fast. Rarely do I see someone with enough skill up there that they actaully use a liter bike or 600 to its full potential. I definitely never will, I ride what I have because its nimble, i sit in a good position for daily, still more then fast enough, and looks great imo. I could never ride my bike to potential on a mountain road.

You never see them used at their full potential because you really can't and it'd be ignorant to push it that hard on the street.

And I agree the VFR is a great all around bike and in the right hands will keep up with the average sport bike rider.

Hey Drew when are you thinking of doing the exhaust?

Post some pics up if you do, I'm very interested.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived