Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

port area vs. volume - a sacrifice must be made!


Port area vs volume  

4 members have voted

  1. 1. Less area, more volume or vice versa?

    • More volume
      0
    • Less volume, more port area
      4


Recommended Posts

Posted

Exactly I run mine jn 4.25 per with 17 sq in per with about 3k on each. I like to think its working well

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

I may just have to try my hand at a custom port. I have enough volume for 10 cubes net, just no space for the hole. I have 8 inches between the woofers. I may be able to make the port like the Hurley symbol to get that extra few square inches. I'm so close to perfect for what these woofers want and I know they will pound the shit out of my car. Ugh.

Posted

The other cure for this is smaller subs. If you dont have room to give 15s the proper airspace and port that they need, you will be better off with 12s and give them what they want instead of choking off the 15s in some way or another.

Posted

Just want a loud daily. I will not be competing. I really don't think I will be choking them. I am very close to DD specs, just not QUITE.

Posted

GOT IT!! I had to flare the top and bottom out to get enough area, but now I have enough volume AND port area. This thing is gonna slam!! Gonna suck to build tho....

9515G_zps2edecf45.png

Posted

when dealing with things this close triple and quadruple check measurements. dont want to be off even by a quarter inch!!

hope it all works out!! is that design 3 net per or how big?

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Posted

Net volume yet to be determined, but greater than 4 cubes per. Like I said, I have plenty of room. Net volume will be determined by what I am limited to in port area.

Posted

I know this might seem crazy but I'm running this by you to keep you thinking:

What about an Octagonal port?

You may be able to keep port tuning and area at the same time, while maintaining less area on the baffle?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 537 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...