Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

sundown audio


Recommended Posts

Posted

ok. so I talked to the guy at sundown. I didn't get his name, whoever answer the tech line. he say the sa line is equally at home in a ported or sealed. he also stated that 3 15s sealed can be just as loud as the 4 12s ported. he said the difference wouldn't be noticeable. he also said the sa line can handle 800 rms all day. lastly he said not to use the audioque amps because they recently go subs back that were blown through these amps. he said they draw a weird current or something. can anyone back any of this up

AQ amps draw a weird current? Did he tell you to get a 2500 instead? Could just be a sales thing...

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps


Posted

Yea I would guess it was probably more like him trying to do a "don't buy this other brand of amp and use it on our subs we have Amos too just use one of ours so I can get an even bigger sale" or whatever

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Posted

well just go with the brand amp you love and roll with it.

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Posted

Ported all the way!

Seriously though, that's how I would go. I will never understand someone spending hundreds of dollars on an amp, hundreds on subs, hundred on wiring or so...

Then want a free or cheap design for the enclosure...arguably the most important piece to any setup. If someone can't design their own enclosure spend the $15-$50 for a great one and then build.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 665 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...