Toofast4u Posted June 6, 2013 Report Posted June 6, 2013 Long story short, I let a member on here who turned out to be a scammer work on my car last year. When I got it back parts of it were destroyed. He disappeared and was never to be seen or heard from again. Skip ahead to last year of October, I'm driving and all of a sudden my car starts to flicker on and off. I hear a nasty crackling sound and I shut it off. Luckily I was at a right turn red light. I waited a few minutes and tried to turn it back on, same sound and I smelled something burning. I got a tow and took the car to the dealership the next day. My car (2010 dodge charger sxt) has its main battery in the trunk. The dealership diagnosed it and found that the new wire that was ran to the back of my car wasn't fused. It was also a very tight fit, the wire itself had no extra room to move. The wire started detaching itself from the ring terminal connected to my alternator, shorted out, and turned my xs battery into a football. A huge chunk of it was melted. My car itself was destroyed. My rear deck was hacked out. My trim piece around my head unit was cracked and popped out. My door pannels were torn up from him moving a box in and out. Not to mention tons of trim pieces were broken. I was in the middle of getting my car fixed when the wire incident happened. The insurance wouldn't cover it because it wasn't a manufacturer defect. I ended up selling it. Since then I've bought a new car and will not let anyone touch it. I've learned my lesson the hard way. I'd give anything to find him and teach him a lesson. How does a grown ass man with 3 kids and a wife, not to mention he was in the army before, do this to someone? I was honestly depressed for a while after all of this happened. For as much as I give people shit for being too much of "a victim" it happened to me. Could I have been smarter? Most likely. I take full responsibility for my actions though, and no one made me take my car to him. I just miss bass. One day I'll have another bad ass system in my car. Before my old car got sold I had 2 dc level 5s and an AQ20k. It was a bit too much for a daily driver but holy fuck was it loud. Lesson learned though. Do it right the first time, and don't be cheap. If someone's willing to do cheap work and have pictures of their "past work" that looks Meade-esque, chances are that isn't their work.
Neckbeard Posted June 6, 2013 Report Posted June 6, 2013 Hunt him down for sure!! Build log, Super slow!!: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168096-slow-neckbeards-1970-opel-gt/
kl0wn Posted June 6, 2013 Report Posted June 6, 2013 I do cheap work to help people out locally and I haven't had a customer be unsatisfied yet, just saying. Sorry for your luck though bro, can't even imagine... I sold all my equipment so im baseless too, in the same boat as you! 06 Mini Cooper S Sundown, SoundQubed Cadence, XS Power 151s Sealed 155s Outlaw Windshield @ 37hz
WastedTalent Posted June 6, 2013 Report Posted June 6, 2013 Sometimes, lessons have to be learned the hard way. I feel your pain man. There's no real way to know someone's legit or not. They may be legit but just don't like you and so do you wrong. I mean, all we truly have to give another person is our word and we have no idea if they're word is worth anything. Now I guess, ask for pictures and all. And now that you have an idea of what's going on, watch them. If something's fishy? Say. I know I have Wicks (member on here) help me. Ok, he's only helped once since the other time we didn't do shit (too long of a process) but although Idk wtf I'm doing, I know enough that if something looks wrong? I'd say. I even ask him. "Why? Why are we doing it like this?" etc. He explains and we continue on. Just always ask questions. Never leave your car for someone to work on, unless it's a shop (and we all know what shops do... or what they can do). Sheena = pedobear
bighossf150 Posted June 6, 2013 Report Posted June 6, 2013 put that fucker on blast Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
big dee Posted June 7, 2013 Report Posted June 7, 2013 I do cheap work an free work only because I love car audio period! Not to screw over people doing half ass dangerous shit like that. It should have been fused . I know Steve don't do his runs from what I've seen but! He also knows how to route the wiring and take safety precautions so there's not a short. But I would use fuses on my stuff because my luck is shitty lol an I'm not a top installer an wouldn't sleep if I didn't fuse everything hot
k3n12ock Posted June 7, 2013 Report Posted June 7, 2013 Me too. I haven't been fishing in a while. 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
n8ball2013 Posted June 7, 2013 Report Posted June 7, 2013 Chrislun was the guy also went by savage customs. If I rememver right the op isnt the only person who would like to find him THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.