16-Band EQ (80PRS) Setup, Songs or Tones? SQ Guys?

auto eq is good for a first timer but setting by ear is way better. i havent really got the chance to play around with my 80 prs ( havent had a complete setup since i bought it ) so not much of any advice. i personly though would start with the mids and remember you can mute the highs and lows while doing the mid, the mid and lows while doing the highs and so on.

i would do the mids first becuase they play a huge part of the freq range.

ive never sat in a sq car before though so i dont know anything about sq.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

You guys need some time on DIYMA

No thanks ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

No thanks ...

Well there is a wealth of knowledge that surpasses anything SQ on this site... so for newbs its a good starting point aside from the bits and pieces here

:)

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Well there is a wealth of knowledge that surpasses anything SQ on this site

Bull shit ... plain and simple

Sound Quality is simple as long as you take pride in your work ... Its not brain surgery

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Thanks Decaf, all im looking for is basics, though. I've been over there a little. Not trying to go all out SQ, probably won't even use TA or separate L/R eq.

Time is the key, I agree. And auto anything or hving someone else do it won't work since I have a unique taste in sound. I like loud highs, cymbals and such. And obviously a shit ton of 30-45hz LOL.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Sound Quality is simple as long as you take pride in your work ... Its not brain surgery

Wut?>

You realize you just made an empty statement, right? Shed the light on the simplicities Cableguyson

If it was so easy we would all have award winning SQ setups, but we don't

"I take pride in my stock speakerz yo".... by your definition I have an SQ system. Your high horse is ready to kick ya off bud, LOL

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Wut?>

You realize you just made an empty statement, right? Shed the light on the simplicities Cableguyson

If it was so easy we would all have award winning SQ setups, but we don't

"I take pride in my stock speakerz yo".... by your definition I have an SQ system. Your high horse is ready to kick ya off bud, LOL

Look Sir ... I know you, and I respect you on this forum. So please, Lets not spam this man's threat up ... Ok ??

Everyone on this forum knows that I help out everywhere I can and I take pride in my work, just like you ...

I said simple ... not easy. You have to work at your system, test and tune, and do what it takes to be better that the next guy ...

I'm no expert, but this IS what I'm working towards ... And DIYMA, If you don't run their type of equipment, or play by their rules, you are considered outcast ... Not here !!! We treat people with respect here and not act like we know it all about car audio, but help people find the information that they need ...

I plan to go over and see Team DIYMA ... in the competition lanes !!!!

No thanks ...

Well there is a wealth of knowledge that surpasses anything SQ on this site... so for newbs its a good starting point aside from the bits and pieces here

I thought I gave a pretty good starting point for anyone. I may not have a true sq car but I do have a good knowledge base and pretty good sounding stereo. It's enough for me to feel confident in what I wrote. If you feel I left anything out by all means add it. The reason why they have more sq material/information is because there is less talk of it on this site. Threads like this create our own resource so new people don't have to go elsewhere in the future.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Having your drivers in-phase works hand in hand with your left and right channel separation ...

Mostly needs to be concentrated on when running passive setups to make sure that your mids are in phase with your tweeters ...

That Chesky disc I told you about will really help you out with this. Because if that narrator doesn't sound the way he should, you will need to correct this before any of the music can perform correctly ...

Archived