Swordlordboy1234 Posted June 7, 2013 Report Posted June 7, 2013 So today I was doing my thing, boomin and all... And I noticed if I faded all the way forward it sounded exactly as loud but less distortion. I guess my rear speakers were catching the bass from the trunk and getting over driven causing distortion... So I made the decision to just unplug my rear speakers and drive around the rest of today. I also switched the t600-4 to 2ch mode. I didn't bridge, I just left ch 1 with left front door and ch 2 with right front door. This makes me wonder, is it worth it to move my coax 6.5's into the rear doors instead of the rear deck? Or just leave them out of the build completely? For the record next summer I plan on redoing both my front doors with lots of fiber glass and new vinyl and putting in a hertz hi energy 163 set up front. But every summer I can only put so much money into the build so that step has to wait. Anyone else have input on rear doors or just leave it out? My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
Jessica Posted June 7, 2013 Report Posted June 7, 2013 Most people will say no rear fill. I had rearfill, and unhhoked them, bridged the amp to the fronts and didn't notice any loss of sound. Only reason for rear fill is if you have backseat riders IMO Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
BoomZoom808 Posted June 7, 2013 Report Posted June 7, 2013 I find imaging is better without the rears but mid bass response is better in my ride with the rear doors on. Definitely take them out of the rear deck at least or seal them off from the bass waves coming from your subs. Once you start shaking your whole car even the rear doors tend to distort slightly with the vibration if you don't have adequate deadening. 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
Swordlordboy1234 Posted June 7, 2013 Author Report Posted June 7, 2013 Well I do have back seat passengers occasionally. Also I tried bridging the amp for the front stage and it took away my left and right ... Also gave way too much power to my comps...also increased my electrical draw like crazy, also made my amp heat up like crazy. Normally I I'm 14.3 (of 14.4) when my t600-4 is full tilt. However when I bridged it I was down to 13.6.... No gains were changed bridged vs non bridged. So I put back to non bridged. My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
Swordlordboy1234 Posted June 7, 2013 Author Report Posted June 7, 2013 I find imaging is better without the rears but mid bass response is better in my ride with the rear doors on. Definitely take them out of the rear deck at least or seal them off from the bass waves coming from your subs. Once you start shaking your whole car even the rear doors tend to distort slightly with the vibration if you don't have adequate deadening. Deadening isn't an issue.. And they were sealed off but not very good, I guess one of my ghetto covers started leaking and that's why bass was getting to them back there. So far I'm at 80sq feet of deadener with another 40 more sq feet being put in Saturday. I'm just not sure if the trouble with the rear doors is worth it, wires being a bitch, and making the install look good...ect My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
MrSkippyJ Posted June 7, 2013 Report Posted June 7, 2013 Also the 2 channel switch is only for when you only have one set of RCA inputs. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Swordlordboy1234 Posted June 7, 2013 Author Report Posted June 7, 2013 Also the 2 channel switch is only for when you only have one set of RCA inputs. I currently have a 4ch RCA in it... Should I put it back to 4ch even if I'm not using the other 2? Am I hurting anything by having 4 RCA's and 2 ch? My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
Kyblack76 Posted June 7, 2013 Report Posted June 7, 2013 what is "rear fill" ? SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
MrSkippyJ Posted June 7, 2013 Report Posted June 7, 2013 Probably not. It's probably just ignoring the signal from the second RCAs F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Jessica Posted June 7, 2013 Report Posted June 7, 2013 what is "rear fill" ? It's when you fill the rear with subs Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.