Which alarm system to go with? What do you have?

Congrats. Oh, I hear that the proximity sensor is a bitch to set up haha

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Yea the systems been great so far, I'll get the proximity sensor eventually lol I just read that your supposed to arm and wait 15 mins for the sensor to enter "hyper-sensitivity" mode and then test it so I'm gonna try that later.

Why not Compustar? People run that anymore these days? I thought it was a good one?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

anyone know if clifford is still around?

still is. a retail store I work for (Fry's Electronics) sells few alarms by Clifford

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

anyone know if clifford is still around?

Clifford was bought by DEI and sadly isn't the same Clifford it used to be. Many of the Clifford models are Vipers with a Clifford decal on them. Truth be told though for a large part, install is what makes or breaks the performance and security of an install. I have been doing this for more than 22 years and can't even begin to tell you how many really good systems owners have had me pull when they became a nuisance due to very poor install.

The one thing I will argue till the end of time though is that connections MUST be soldered. When soldered Vibration (from everyday driving or bass) will not loosen a connection as it will a t tap. Corrosion (for those of us who live near the ocean) is no longer a factor. And from an installer point of view (assumes the installer does indeed know what they are doing) reduces warranty visits/customer complaints. If its soldered and connected correctly on the rare occasion of a customer complaint troubleshooting is QUICK as you will not need to run down loose or intermittent t tap connections.

• 1 month later...

Awesome of you to provide him the info. But whatever you do DO NOT T TAP OR SCOTCH LOCK IT!!!! far more trouble than its worth in the long run. it doesn't take any longer to do it right and SOLDER ALL CONNECTIONS!!!!!!!

x 1,000,000

do it once, and do it right.

Car: 2000 Honda CRV

Battery: XS Power D5100R

Alternator: Stock 90A

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS

Front Speakers: Alpine Type S

Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 628's

Wires: All Knu 4g. Soon to be 0g. Big 3 in 0g

Volt Meter: SMD VM-1

Amps: Rockford Fosgate T400-2, T1000-1bdCP

Subs: 2 SSA XCON 15's Sealed

Tint: Privacy glass + 5% in the back and 25% in fronts

Viper sorry guys, Omega all day. viper copied every thing from Omega.

i've had booth and Omega 830i7 is the best i have owned in all my 17 years of owning cars. There tech support is the best. Viper will sell you a product but they said to get tech support you have to be a authorized dealer.

Omega research was founded in 1971 thats 42 years ago and Directed electronics(viper,dei,python,a­vital, clifford,autostart,automate and xpressKit) in 1982.
Omega is 11 years ahead of the copy cats and there products are built better.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

doesn't look bad at all. if you don't already have, gotta have a multimeter, wire stripped (from multi size), t-taps with male spades, and electrical tape to do it right. if you don't have access to directechs, here is the wiring diagrams

page1_zps24a18f04.jpg

page2_zpsd13610ea.jpg

page3_zps3bb562e7.jpg

have fun. gonna need some resistors too when connecting the accessory wire from the alarm because it also act as a second starter on the vehicle as well

Awesome of you to provide him the info. But whatever you do DO NOT T TAP OR SCOTCH LOCK IT!!!! far more trouble than its worth in the long run. it doesn't take any longer to do it right and SOLDER ALL CONNECTIONS!!!!!!!

in all my years of professional installing, never had a customer come back once bc of T-taps failing, but soldering is still better if u have the time

2010 Ram 1500, Pioneer deh80prs,2-12" RE SXXv2's downfired in vinal wrapped center console box, kenwood 6x9's in the doors on a mtx 4 channel, viper 5901, big 3, kinetik 2000

Viper sorry guys, Omega all day. viper copied very thing from Omega.

i've had booth and Omega 830i7 is the best i have owned in all my 17 years of owning cars. There tech support is the best. Viper will sell you a product but they said to get tech support you have to be a authorized dealer.

Omega research was founded in 1971 thats 41 years ago and Directed electronics(viper,dei,python,a­vital, clifford,autostart,automate and xpressKit) in 1982.

Omega is 11 years ahead of the copy cats and there products are built better.

i second this

2010 Ram 1500, Pioneer deh80prs,2-12" RE SXXv2's downfired in vinal wrapped center console box, kenwood 6x9's in the doors on a mtx 4 channel, viper 5901, big 3, kinetik 2000

Archived