Kicker Haters - Please Enter!

And for the sake of the argument like hdorre said above^ , im not a total RF fan boy. And im not going to tell someone rockford is the best overrall brand. some People have specific needs and specific purposes that some of their favorite brands cant supply. And im also open to more brands, im not just stuck in one. Thats a main reason why im running audioque door speakers, and probably not getting a RF sub. Theres alot of things better out there i know. Lol

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

So say.. you're into this sport. and every day you run into these people who don't really know jack about said sport telling you how XX team is the best. and it's always the same XX team.

after a while you would knee jerk reaction bash said team in the face of those know nothing idiots and even come to associate being a fan of that team to only having know nothing fans.

yep, it's sorta like that.

Say what you want about Kicker, but they changed the game with the Solobaric. The original round ones (small box, high output) and then making squares (more cone, same baffle space). And the SoloX is a monster. Got BL? Geez. I think the SooX18 is one of, if not THE strongest motor on the planet.

Their amps are solid, I guess. Not versatile enough for me and waaaaaaay too much. And Chinese. Lame.

TaylorFade, i agree about the Solo X motor i meant to throw that in as well. I never have liked the squares because of the sound they produce but i wouldnt hesitate to build one from the ground up with that motor. MONSTEROUS

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

The bad:

The fact they're sold at walmart.

Nobody can recone them, they even stopped making solo-x recones.

They've stiffed competitors.

The good:

I applaud them for the warhorse, very interesting design, not just some mass produced amp with their name slapped on it. Not that I would own one, but it is a neat amp.

The solo-x was a beast, had some cool cooling feature added to it.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

The strongest motor on the planet is a pretty big statement. I'm sure there are other motors that are stronger. DDZ? SMDs?

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

TaylorFade, i agree about the Solo X motor i meant to throw that in as well. I never have liked the squares because of the sound they produce but i wouldnt hesitate to build one from the ground up with that motor. MONSTEROUS

There's a guy over on another forum that sent Murphy (Tantic Sounds) a SoloX motor to rebuild. He "supercharged" it with neo slugs and is putting all Tantric soft parts in it. It's a bad ass little project. I thnk it's the 3" coil motor though.

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/car-audio-videos/148906-neo-x-solo-experiment-o.html

If i had to guess, the reason where the bashing came about was this,

People often say "I've got kicker comps" and because of that, seem to think they have the most badass subs on the market, and act like they do at the same time, when in all reality, a kicker comp, or "CVR" is a very cheap disposable subwoofer that will eventually have some sort of issue and fail from daily playing. Yea some will last long im sure, but day to day beatings on cheap subs, something eventually goes wrong, which is the idea so people have to keep buying new ones.

You dont ever hear anything about anyone running MTX on here, nor several other mainstrteam brands entry level subs, and actiing like they rule the car audio industry.

But when they own "kicker comps" they think they have the loudest system on the planet, I cant even tell you how many times i've spoken with someone about stereos, and then its always back to, "Oh, well I have kicker comps" Like they just shut the block down because they said that, lol

Thats my best guess

XS-power1.jpg

You have no idea how long Ive been waiting for you to make a thread like this! I followed your last build, and was just waiting haha

Now, to answer your question.. Its not that I dont like Kicker.. its that I find many of the people who run them annoying. In their opinion, Kicker > everything else.

Dont get me wrong.. Im not singling Kicker out.. I have the same feeling towards many Sony and RF "guys."

I dont think that their products is bad at all.. In fact, I run a RF T1500-1bdCP.

This goes right with my "Oh I have kicker comps" theory

XS-power1.jpg

Archived