Kicker Haters - Please Enter!

i have run kicker and like it.. never had issues if power them correctly. if i was building a car and in a budget i would run kicker again

they just cant compare with AA/FI though.. Mayhems are bad ass and the SP4 are sexy ass subs

i have run kicker and like it.. never had issues if power them correctly. if i was building a car and in a budget i would run kicker again

they just cant compare with AA/FI though.. Mayhems are bad ass and the SP4 are sexy ass subs

but even the budget subs they offer do not come close to the specs and quality of entry level sundown/ AQ or some of he other products out there

XS-power1.jpg

I think it's usually the people that run them that bug me the most. It's usually thier first system and they boast about it being sooo loud! Wich it really is just a shit ton of bass and nothing is tuned no mids or highs. Truth be said you can make all of thier stuff sound good but not in the hands of a beginer in car audio. I admit I have used several l7's in my set up before and a zx850.4 and a zx1500.1. I actually have a sweet box I built for 3 l7 8's I ran off of that 1500.1. I still think that was a loud set up, box was tuned to like 40hz so it was more skull cracking mid bass lol but it did make it very hard to breath and see...I just have moved away because kicker has been givin an image for noobs because so many guys use it in their first set up, and because i wanted to get louder. Someone mentioned it before but there is such a gap between the l7 and solo x..... Kicker has somehow just become eyecandy for first timers, probably because you can now buy thier stuff at walmart. all said and done I don't feel they make a bad product at all.

But people who know better know you can do better

My 03' sierra crew cab Here build in progress

Its because of the fanboys down here, I've had people tell me "dude your shits hitting hard and deep, its an L7 huh" and I'm just like no motherfucker. Down here in lower AZ if you don't run kicker, then you aren't loud. They're on craigslist all the time, people are always saying they're the hardest hitting sub in the world. Its totally talking out of their ass statements like that that make me hate kicker. Hell I had a buddy who some kids tried trading L7s for his SA-8s

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

True that.. a guy at an audioshop thought his 2 solo x l7 15's were the hardest hitting subs in the region.. to bad my 2 sundown sa12's in a 4cu. Ft. Slot ported box destroyed them lol. Then I switchesdit up to alpine type r 15s just cause I like the sound of the 15's.

)cS(21#(

but even the budget subs they offer do not come close to the specs and quality of entry level sundown/ AQ or some of he other products out there

the l7 can be had for $220 here.. the lower line (dont know model) run for $70

"I HAVE 2 KICKER COMP SUBS, THESE ARE TO COMPETITION GRADE SUBWOOFERS TO GO TO COMPETITIONS WITH BECAUSE THEY ARE SO LOUDZ, WHEN YOU PLAN ON COMPETING IN COMPETITIONS AND WINNING THE COMPETITION BECAUSE THESE KICKER COMPS ARE COMPETITION SUBS"

That about sums it up, LOL

XS-power1.jpg

I thought we had this all wrapped up in another thread....

It's not the gear. That's just inanimate objects and marketing. It's the nuthuggers and bashers that are the problem.

/thread

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived