Could Using A Speakon Connector For My Subs Make Them Loose Power?

Both of those are just terminal cups, not speakon, this is a speakon: Speakon%20Panel%20Mount-800x800.jpg

(Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L:

Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box

Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU

3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub

ah i see i imagine using 8000w your going to need a fat speaker wire and i have yet to see one of these all that big. could you do like one per sub or coil?

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

A speakon connector has two sets of terminals inside it. I was hoping I could just combine the two and that would be enough.

(Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L:

Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box

Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU

3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub

A speakon connector has two sets of terminals inside it. I was hoping I could just combine the two and that would be enough.

You can get more than that if you're worried.

If you're running really high power there is 8 pole connectors. The actual connector can take up to 20mm cable.

The difficulty is connecting it to the poles...

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Thanks guys, do you think I could run all 6000w RMS through a single set of terminals? The 1+ and 1-, and not use the second set.

I would do 2, to be safe.

On the website it says 50A max per terminal, which would be around 3kw.

You need the STX series Speakon connectors, the other ones aren't that good.

It does cost a lot, but for easy disconnecting in my opninion it's the best around.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Thanks guys, do you think I could run all 6000w RMS through a single set of terminals? The 1+ and 1-, and not use the second set.

It does cost a lot, but for easy disconnecting in my opninion it's the best around.

why does he need the stx?

the speakon its self will be fine. its more trying to get the wire into it that you will have trouble with. most of them are only designed for 12g stranded and 10g solid i think. so you wont get much wire in. your only option would be to do more then one cable per connector. so go get some 4 core shit and use all 4 cores for + then another cable and use all 4 for -

how often are you going to be pulling your box to make it to hard to undo 2 terminals at your amp??

i would just run straight from your amp to sub because of the amount of power.

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

why does he need the stx?

the speakon its self will be fine. its more trying to get the wire into it that you will have trouble with. most of them are only designed for 12g stranded and 10g solid i think. so you wont get much wire in. your only option would be to do more then one cable per connector. so go get some 4 core shit and use all 4 cores for + then another cable and use all 4 for -

how often are you going to be pulling your box to make it to hard to undo 2 terminals at your amp??

i would just run straight from your amp to sub because of the amount of power.

As I have said before, if you once forget to disconnect it before taking out or something like that, the STX series are quite a bit stronger and won't break or loosen over time as fast as the plastic ones.

There are a lot more vibrations in a car then on stage, if the connection isn't solid it COULD loosen over time or cut out at some notes/volume.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

• 2 weeks later...

ah i see i imagine using 8000w your going to need a fat speaker wire and i have yet to see one of these all that big. could you do like one per sub or coil?

You could also look into using an industrial power line connector. 8kW is a lot, even for connectors designed for power let alone speaker signals.

http://www.victor.co.uk/product-selector/restrained-cable-connectors/plugs/rbp100a/rbp100a.php

http://www.victor.co.uk/product-selector/restrained-cable-connectors/sockets/rbs100a/rbs100a.php

A44PR%20and%20PB%20Image.jpg

A44SR%20and%20SB%20Image.jpg

Archived