Used psu on crunch amp, very quiet music?

I know it's not the response you may want, but if you really want to run things in your house, your best bet is a rack amp.

You can get Pyle 1000's for around $90, or for something a lot better, a Behringer. There's a few threads on the forum going in that direction. I've got a handful of setups myself using Behringers and RE Audio, and actually one using one of the eBay VVME subs and they all perform with consistency and quality that I doubt you can maintain even with the best computer PSU/car amp setup.

I'm doing this with a cadence 4 channel and logisys 500. Voltage drops to 10.x if I turn it up with bass up but it gets plenty loud with input straight off computer sound card

One little thing to try but I doubt its your problem. Try connecting one rca at a time in the amp to make sure both rca inputs work. I had a bad set of rcas before on a setup like this and the rca would rock around a little and make the sound get loud and quiet when it moved around. Do that and see that both rca's work on the amp. You should notice it get a little quieter with just one rca connected.

Just got home from work. I'll get on that.

I know it's not the response you may want, but if you really want to run things in your house, your best bet is a rack amp.

You can get Pyle 1000's for around $90, or for something a lot better, a Behringer. There's a few threads on the forum going in that direction. I've got a handful of setups myself using Behringers and RE Audio, and actually one using one of the eBay VVME subs and they all perform with consistency and quality that I doubt you can maintain even with the best computer PSU/car amp setup.

Oh I know man. The reason why I did this is because I had them lying around with no use.

I'm doing this with a cadence 4 channel and logisys 500. Voltage drops to 10.x if I turn it up with bass up but it gets plenty loud with input straight off computer sound card

I would think that the input voltage from the computer card would be more than a phone yea?

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

What also doesnt make sense to me is when i hooked the amp up to the battery and got the same volume

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

I only gets quieter when I remove the red rca. Not the white though

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

How do you know the amp is still good?

Did you use the same cable for all the devices you tested? (if yes, then it's probably the cable)

And last but not least, that PSU is garbage, eventhough you should never use a PSU in the first place. (it won't be able to put out 400W)

With that kind of wiring (+crappy PSU) you are creating a potential fire hazard.

Don't you or someone else around have a CD-player around? Or even a DVD-player to test.

Your last comment makes it seem as if it's the RCA cable.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I understand the possibilities. I appreciate the input! Going to get a new cable today

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

The brand new rca's I got were bad. Thanks guys!

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

Archived