like the same anti seeze you use on sparkplug boots, or brakes?

good tip though.

I use the permatex anti seize, you can a get a bottle that will last you forever for around $10.

You can get it at almost any parts store.

http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-80078-Anti-Seize-Lubricant-Bottle/dp/B000AAJTXY

Just be forewarned that if you get it on your skin it will spread everywhere.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

good tip though.

I use the permatex anti seize, you can a get a bottle that will last you forever for around $10.

Do you think anti-seize could cure epilepsy?

No clue, but I'm willing to move straight to human trials to find out.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yeah, being from Texas helps. But I also didnt worry about removing the leafs for one. Also didnt worry about rebuilding the drum brakes. Just picked a nice looking junk yard rear end that still had the drums sealed and took my time disassembling so I'd know what to expect back home. Didnt even take out the junkyard fluid until the next day or two.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

I'd just torch them off at this point. A sawzall would take forever.

I'd just leave them as is. No point in removing them if you're just trying to get back on the road.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

He can't torch them out. He can damage the shackles or leaf spring. Impact is your best friend. Specially those heavy duty ones like the tire shops have. A good heat to them and a shower of wd 40 then a few hours later they just spin with some heat and impact

good tip though.

ok ive seen that stuff before.

I'd just leave them as is. No point in removing them if you're just trying to get back on the road.

the ones that are on it are starting to open separate around the bushing i guess. when there is a load on them the gap gets really big.

They bow upwards as if someone put them in upside down.

If I dont replace them and leave them go, the new axle will probably take a shit again.

Theres about 35 sheets worth of MDF in the back of the truck, so lets easily guess that at around 2100lbs of wood easily, 300ish lbs of woofers, 500ish lbs of batteries, 200ish lbs of amplifiers, and so on.. Im sure the several gallons of glue I used adds a little weight too. lol

He can't torch them out. He can damage the shackles or leaf spring. Impact is your best friend. Specially those heavy duty ones like the tire shops have. A good heat to them and a shower of wd 40 then a few hours later they just spin with some heat and impact

My dad is a surgeon with a torch. He can cut bearings without damaging the race. I assumed he was replacing the leaf springs.