If I fart in space but you can't hear it, did I really fart?

Considering it will be trapped in the suit with you I think it counts.

Edited by Broke_Audio_Addict
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

dc_zpsrtkffslg.png

Lmao, I've actually had both happen to me.. FML

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

can someone help me understand how the camera mic is picking up sound when they are in space?

I thought you need air to make sound.

I can see 2 scenarios.

One is you get a case like this

281189-gopro-hd-hero2-case.jpg

Which are sealed. Pressure in the station is same as on earth, 14.7psi. This equates to ~33ft water pressure in a case rated to 197. So it's not unreasonable to expect it to stay together despite it being an expansive load vs. a compressive load as is underwater.

Vibrations are transferred through a solid medium to the case, which then vibrates, allowing the microphone to pick it up.

The other scenario is that the camera itself is operating in a vacuum. Even though there is no air to carry sound, movement of the camera can cause structural vibration that will be picked up through the microphone.

Either way, you'll hear it through the microphone

Edit: The EM signals going through space proposed by Broke Audio Addict is another good theory

Edited by SnowDrifter