srp365    7,550

nice bump from 35/35 at work, along with a new OPNSense router...

yeah it's not google fiber, but a fuckton nicer than what we had.

5260803720.png

reedal    1,208

I've got 104 down/119 up with fios on using the wifi 5ghz band, but only 29 down/12 up on the wifi 2.4ghz band (iPhone) with no other devices on/connected. I know it won't be as good as a direct connection to the router on a pc, but that still shouldn't be that way I don't think, when 4 months ago I was getting the 100+ up/down over wifi.

srp365    7,550

I've got 104 down/119 up with fios on using the wifi 5ghz band, but only 29 down/12 up on the wifi 2.4ghz band (iPhone) with no other devices on/connected. I know it won't be as good as a direct connection to the router on a pc, but that still shouldn't be that way I don't think, when 4 months ago I was getting the 100+ up/down over wifi.

There are only 3 non overlapping channels on 2.4ghz vs 24 on 5Ghz... Then consider 90% of WiFi traffic is still on 2.4Ghz. Then consider with the same data formation 2.4Ghz has more range, you have a lot more chance for interference.

I can get full pipe speed of my 200/20 over 5Ghz on my phone, but standing next to my router get 30/20 on 2.4 and I'm surprised as hell it's that fast.