Is Using Solar UPS Type Batteries In Cars Dangerous?

I've just bought 2 UPS/Solar Type batteries to use for my system in the rear, and plan to get another. The batteries are marked as 'non-spill-able' but I believe they still vent gases at some point, do any of you guys use these types of batteries?

How do they compare to using more standard AGM Batteries like XS Power? I'm using these because I got them really cheap but will likely upgrade later. I haven't fully tested them on my system yet do they provide good cranking power? Do they charge properly from an alternator? Here's a few pictures of them:

IMG_1285_zpsd73067e4.jpg

IMG_1288_zps531cc471.jpg

IMG_1287_zps43f80cac.jpg

(Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L:

Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box

Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU

3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub

They look like Northstar batteries, and I see people run those with great results, look at PurpleSyrup's build.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I saw Purple had two of them. My car is a hatch though so I thought since me and the batteries were in the same chamber it could be worse.

IMG_1290_zps1408e3b5.jpg

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

They are made for slow charging/slow discharging.

If you use them for a different purpose their won't last as long.

You can use them in a car, but as you said they still vent gas.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

but they say super safe lol......

id say just try it out.....i have 2 lead acid batteries (in battery boxes) in my wagon with a vent tube going out the little water drains in the back compartments and havent had an issue yet......been running them for like a year.....and the kind im running are like the worst because they are spillable AND release (i think) pure oxygen ( i was told) when charging. pure oxygen is very flammable and im a smoker.....no problems

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

id say just try it out.....i have 2 lead acid batteries (in battery boxes) in my wagon with a vent tube going out the little water drains in the back compartments and havent had an issue yet......been running them for like a year.....and the kind im running are like the worst because they are spillable AND release (i think) pure oxygen ( i was told) when charging. pure oxygen is very flammable and im a smoker.....no problems

haha that's pretty funny, notice in the pictures of the batteries at the front there is a small tube, maybe thats where the battery vents gases. I guess I could run a tube from there.

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

When I see solar batteries or UPS, they are usually AGM.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

haha that's pretty funny, notice in the pictures of the batteries at the front there is a small tube, maybe thats where the battery vents gases. I guess I could run a tube from there.

ya that is the vents

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

Archived