1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Stereo Integrity, Ground Zero, Soundstream

Adding power will tell you what the issue really is.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

How? I've got some clean juice in the amp left, just been afraid to give it more because of what I'm already seeing.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

How? I've got some clean juice in the amp left, just been afraid to give it more because of what I'm already seeing.
Something will break or it will fix the issue

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Something will break or it will fix the issue

I'm trying not to buy a $250 recone here...

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

I got an infrared heat gun off amazon for like $15

You could probably shoot it through your plexi to check coil temp

I have one that I used for nitro RCs. Just checked and I guess the battery is dead, I'll get another one. I really don't think it's going to pick it up though, the opening where I can see the coil is about .25" thick or less, and the plexi is about 10" from the coil. Doubt what I have is accurate enough.

Got a couple things I'm gonna try, but if that don't work, this big bitch is coming out. Simply not enough space in here.

Already have another setup in mind :)

If everything the guy is doing is right and he's certain the signal is clean why is the sub not being able to handled rated being ruled out? Seems like quite a few people have said tantric subs get hot and smelly on rated or just over rated power, which is exactly what he's experiencing but people wanna blame it on his electrical, box and music signal. I'm not trying to bash tantric here cause they're great sounding subs and seem to be in a lot of loud builds, I just feel I have enough evidence from builds I've seen to say they might not be able to handle rated power or they can but you have to be ultra conservative.

I dont know you but the guys name is gckless. Quite rude and disrespectful... Next thing is that I have heard No-one speak of tantric getting hot quickly unless there is some underlying issue. They do get the tantric smell due to the coils being coated. Lastly, I as well as MANY others can attest that tantric subs do more than rated on average. I personally was running 2 shd's on 20k....

true story. tantric coils brand new before even put into the subs have a smell. its a pretty distinct smell too. so even when you play them they make that smell. its just the coil and how he has them made. they smell like shit naturally haha. but trust me even if they are smelling that doesnt mean they are hot just means they stink lol. eventually the smell works its way out after you get the coil hot and let it cool off several times. just got to work the coil that way.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Archived