1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Stereo Integrity, Ground Zero, Soundstream

I would agree

If you were clipping, the amp would also be getting warm quickly, right?

I would think so.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

I don't understand where this electrical is incuffient might be causing the smell came from. I beat the absolute living shit out of my 2 XFL 12's (1000rms each) on my 3.5k @ 1ohm for months on end and they never got smelly, coils looked perfect too, and that's with playing down into the low 10's and purposely pushing the amp into hard clipping. Not one issue. I love your build man,but I doubt your issue has anything to do with box size, electrical, or how your amp is tuned.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

first post, dont flame the n00b.

ive followed this build since you started this log, and i love everything so far. one question i have to ask, just thinking outside the box here, could the proximity to the roof have anything to do with it? i know many have built similarly and not had the same issues, but, could you not be compounding the "smelly" issue and causing excess heat by not allowing the sub ample headroom?

again, im just trying to think outside the conventional here... keep it up man, this will get sorted out.

I hope you get it figured out man

On a happier note, how does it sound at -2?

Bandwidth could be better. Hate to say it but I think the box is a failure for me. I have a feeling it's just way too small. I might try to stuff it to see if that makes a difference or not.

first post, dont flame the n00b.

ive followed this build since you started this log, and i love everything so far. one question i have to ask, just thinking outside the box here, could the proximity to the roof have anything to do with it? i know many have built similarly and not had the same issues, but, could you not be compounding the "smelly" issue and causing excess heat by not allowing the sub ample headroom?

again, im just trying to think outside the conventional here... keep it up man, this will get sorted out.

I don't think that's the issue, but at this point it could be anything I guess.

I don't know where my electrical became suspect, but the sub is seeing clean power. A direct result of low electrical, and the entire reason people mentioned it, is because of hard clipping to the driver. Those clamp tests showed clean power. Electrical is out of the question IMO.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

I wanted to recommend stuffing it, as it is proven to increase apparent box volume to the sub.

But...

That basket is so wide, I worry about it moving into the wrong spaces

I have 9 pounds of it in my box, but the 12 spoke basket keeps it in order.

Yes I have a lot of stereo weight. I build for Smiles Per Gallon not Miles Per Gallon LOLZ

My build - 1996 4Runner with 2 18s - 149+ in a sealed box (with radiators)

0a4ee87c-28c8-4bf8-9dfe-5a06b9dea2dc_zps

3e3eb9dd-70f8-4424-ad11-ccebcd929ac4_zps

How big is the box? Iirc the 24 needs a Fucking huuge box

that's what I was told. Like 12ish cubes

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

a smaller than recommended box will not cause the issues he's having.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived