4bent's loud blowthrough glassed doors on pg 6

why would you list these subs to a FS of 21hz! i hooked up everyhing last night and it sounded like crap completely. i get home check the specs and they changed? the fs is now 38.7? tuning is way off. these subs bottom out... glue screws wood time and money for these errors! SMDH!

Caps cause im angry ;)

Blowthrough

Subs
rebuild
Amps
1-SAZ3500
1-T4004

Coaxial

1Set Alpine Type-R Components

1 Set- kicker ks 5.2
1 Set- Kicker ks 6x8

Reciever
Pioneer DEH-P7400HD

2000 Ford F-150 EXT Cab

Clarion EQ

ra56jo.jpg

well all know they aren't the best subs, doubt subs is the main issue here though. I'm thinking something is wired wrong.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Time for some new subs...maybe sundown x's? Huge amount of travel..iirc low fs..idk how well the specs would match what you thought the skars were though. Tbh I have a vvx I bought blown..after dealing with skar over email and hearing the sub back to back with some others in the same class on same power I wont be buying anything from them in the future.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

BEFORE

Magnet Weight : 180 oz.

Re : 1.8 / 3.6 Ohms

Vas : 228.9 L / 278 L

Fs : 21 Hz / 23 Hz

Bl : 18.5 / 23.5

Qms : 4.39 / 4.27

Qts : 0.54 / 0.62

Qes : 0.49 / 0.57

n-% : 0.26 / 0.28

Spl : 87.1 dB / 87.1 dB

Xmaxx : 26.5mm

AFTER

Re : 4.02 Ohms

Cmes : 1200.11 uF

Mms : 307.304 g

Fs : 38.7 Hz

Rms : 11.341 kg/s

Cms : 0.055 mm/N

Bl : 16.002 n/a

Qms : 6.597

Qes : 1.174

Qts : 0.997

Vas : 51.52 L

Xmax : 26.5mm

Sensitivity : 86.1 dB

Blowthrough

Subs
rebuild
Amps
1-SAZ3500
1-T4004

Coaxial

1 Set- kicker ks 5.2
1 Set- Kicker ks 6x8

Reciever
Pioneer DEH-P7400HD

2000 Ford F-150 EXT Cab

Clarion EQ

ra56jo.jpg

if you dont mind me asking, how does everyone keeps these bed builds weather proof?

i have a bed cover.. most ppl bed line the box

well all know they aren't the best subs, doubt subs is the main issue here though. I'm thinking something is wired wrong.

i wish that was the issue but it isnt :/ parallel to .5

Look into d amore subs for low fs

ill look into something else.. im going to remove the top and try to see how i can modify the port

Time for some new subs...maybe sundown x's? Huge amount of travel..iirc low fs..idk how well the specs would match what you thought the skars were though. Tbh I have a vvx I bought blown..after dealing with skar over email and hearing the sub back to back with some others in the same class on same power I wont be buying anything from them in the future.

i for sure will not purchase skar anytime soon. skarbage

Blowthrough

Subs
rebuild
Amps
1-SAZ3500
1-T4004

Coaxial

1 Set- kicker ks 5.2
1 Set- Kicker ks 6x8

Reciever
Pioneer DEH-P7400HD

2000 Ford F-150 EXT Cab

Clarion EQ

ra56jo.jpg

Nice build, I hope you find a solution that's not too expensive :)

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

if you dont mind me asking, how does everyone keeps these bed builds weather proof?

I plan on spraying the box with bedliner for water proofing. Then so I can go without tonneau cover using a silicone to seal between the box and the accordian boot.

Archived