regular tweeters or super tweeters

kickass audio

okay thats good to know. I am really big on metal and hip-hop that has good lows to it. Usually i listen to Pantera and their squeal of the guitar when they play is just so high pitched that it rapes your ears lol.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

My personal opinion on super tweeters.
Yeah, most setups I seen with supertweeters have been harsh due to lack of tuning and too much power, but I've heard a couple of setups that they sounded loud and clean, but they were in 150+ setups and still had that sharpness to them. I say that if you're gonna run super tweeters, be prepared to do a lot more tuning to get them to sound great and not harsh, but they do work great in situations where you have a loud bass setup, and you want something that doesn't require a lot of power to get loud to keep up.

Though in my opinion, for most daily setups, I prefer silk or soft dome tweeters, as I find them great to fill all of the high end need in great detail, easier to install, and they are a lot easier on the ears, especially when listening to music for long periods of time.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

• 1 year later...

I would try my luck with a set of horns before those super tweeters.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived