Help setting up new home theatre setup

Yeah a lot of amps do. But your forgetting that he needs to cross everything over, so regardless what the amp has he needs crossovers, most pro audio crossovers will be xlr connections as its standard.

Also the good thing with the drive racks or their cheaper competition is that you have the ability to do many different things. Time alignment. 31 band eq, compressors. Limiters. Aswel as all your crossover needs

Like quicksilver said, we just need to find you a receiver that has enough inputs to run all your devices and have outputs we can work with

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

if he gets a preamp alot of them have crossovers and plenty of inputs emotivas preamps have adjustable xover points and are xlr outputs guess they dont now except the 1500 dollar one has the xlr but the 600 dollar one still has xovers for the outputs

http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/processors/products/umc200

not familiar with the mids he posted

If you can manage it, I recommend Parasound for the theater processor/preamp and the amplifier. This is their current HT processor.

c1_angle_big.jpg

c1_rear_577.jpg

I used to sell Parasound and their products are rock solid bad ass beasts. I've used their stereo preamps and amps, cd players, tuners home theater processors and multi channel amplifiers. In fact, my old HCA-1206 multi channel amp is now in service in a small club some friends of ours own. But... when I had it in my HT setup it was awesome. Only reason I don't still use it is that there is no good place to set up a dedicated cinema in the house we're in now. To my knowledge they don't make a six channel amp anymore, since most subs are active, but they probably make a seven channel that you could use in a 5.1 system. The two extra channels could be used for the subs. Or, you could simply use two amps... one for the mains and then have a dedicated sub amp.

As for those 18s... put em in a couple t-lines and you won't need much power at all to shake the entire house with them.

With the rest of the speakers, if you're building them yourself keep in mind that a good HT setup has speakers that are timbre matched. Essentially, that means that you want the same drivers in all five or seven speakers in the system. In THX certified systems, the drivers are all the same brand and series, with the L&R being larger midbass drivers and the center & surrounds having two smaller versions of the mid bass drivers. All need to have the same tweeters and, of course, crossover frequencies. Center should be configured MTM, L&R can be the same or another alignment if you only have one midbass for each of them and the surrounds can be any number of alignments. If they're behind you, in the ceiling or on the back walls, they can be standard alignment but if they're to your side they should be in a bi-pole or di-pole alignment, as you don't want them to be localizable like you do the LCRs.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

If you can manage it, I recommend Parasound for the theater processor/preamp and the amplifier. This is their current HT processor.

I used to sell Parasound and their products are rock solid bad ass beasts. I've used their stereo preamps and amps, cd players, tuners home theater processors and multi channel amplifiers. In fact, my old HCA-1206 multi channel amp is now in service in a small club some friends of ours own. But... when I had it in my HT setup it was awesome. Only reason I don't still use it is that there is no good place to set up a dedicated cinema in the house we're in now. To my knowledge they don't make a six channel amp anymore, since most subs are active, but they probably make a seven channel that you could use in a 5.1 system. The two extra channels could be used for the subs. Or, you could simply use two amps... one for the mains and then have a dedicated sub amp.

As for those 18s... put em in a couple t-lines and you won't need much power at all to shake the entire house with them.

With the rest of the speakers, if you're building them yourself keep in mind that a good HT setup has speakers that are timbre matched. Essentially, that means that you want the same drivers in all five or seven speakers in the system. In THX certified systems, the drivers are all the same brand and series, with the L&R being larger midbass drivers and the center & surrounds having two smaller versions of the mid bass drivers. All need to have the same tweeters and, of course, crossover frequencies. Center should be configured MTM, L&R can be the same or another alignment if you only have one midbass for each of them and the surrounds can be any number of alignments. If they're behind you, in the ceiling or on the back walls, they can be standard alignment but if they're to your side they should be in a bi-pole or di-pole alignment, as you don't want them to be localizable like you do the LCRs.

now thats a home theatre processor!

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

It's not just the processor or amps, it was more of a...

Help me build a home theatre setup, lol. I will ci continue to read and look at everyone's suggestions. I've also been sorting though parts express and looking through their towers so I'm just looking at all my options.

Thanks guys, even if it's a couple months late :lol:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Well fuck. I gotta start paying attention to thread dates...

No, people are responding now so it's all good. Even if a spammer bumped it to the top, ha ha.

So yeah, I do not need to use the Qs or the PRVs. These were just things I have unused but am completely open. I'll keep researching but hopefully someone could help me put together an awesome home theatre setup.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Do you plan to build the speakers yourself or would you rather buy them off the shelf?

If the former, I'd go with MTMs all around, maybe with 6" midbass drivers and 1" tweeters. That way you could still use two mid bass drivers for the rears and one tweeter, and tibre would be matched all around. A lot of the THX certified speaker systems are that arrangement, for that reason... but they are usually on the high end where price is concerned. Soft dome tweeters usually work better as hard domes have trouble with sibilants (the t, s and other such sounds) and that can be annoying during dialog and, even music.

Another thing to consider if you're using this for music a lot as well, is to make the L&R speakers in a tower design with a mid woofer, so the subs don't have to pull duty on that. Something like a side mounted 8 or 10 would make music a lot better and would help on movies as well, although it's not necessary for that.

Archived