Circuit City/best Buy Install Talk

i know that i am gonna catch alot of shit from you guys about this. but ALL employees of best buy have to be MECP certified and have atleast 2 years on the job doing all types of installs before they are even considered for employement. i had to turn away a few very qualified applicants (not by choice though) because they did not have the MECP cert. this one guy i have known for years, he has built multiple show cars, and has worked on my personal show car a few times. the one that is in my avatar. Best buy corporate would not let me hire him because he was not certified. i fought for almost a month to get him in there and they just weren't having it. so can we stop calling them high school kids who have no idea what they are doing. at my store all of our installers are very knowledgeable. they know as much if not more than some of the other people i work with at my other job. i can not speak on behalf of circuit city. i have never heard anything good about there work, but i have never taken my car there, so that is all here say.

I've done two interviews at best buy... got offered jobs both times. First time I had worked for circuit city installing for six months... second time I had been working there two years. I was not MECP certified at the time of either of those interviews.

They did tell me however if I started workign there I would have to get certified.

Best Buy was the Saginaw, Michigan location.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

my advice would be never to go their for an install. all they do is basic stuff. i mean you may think the price is great cause they can be cheap sometimes. i bought my old indash head unit their.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Location changes everything.

I worked at the CCity near me for a month before I quit because of a bad manager. He tried to turn it into a personal thing, but he changed my schedule 2 days before I was originally scheduled off and had made plans with 4-- FOUR people to work on my house.

Anyway, here in MB there's only 1 or 2 other places I'd even think to go for installs. The guys there know what they're doing, and actually solder things compared to any of the shops using crimp connectors (the kind that just sort of cuts into the wire). I know 2 of the shops for sure don't know how to install full out alarm/rem start systems.

Just like there are certain resteraunts out of a chain you wouldn't go to, but others you would, some stores have good employees and others don't.

I got hired with no real 'install' experience, and finished the computer training in 2 days. It really wasn't very informative, and taught ccitys policy more than how to work on cars. It just depends on the crew. The best buy here does bad work, the guys don't know what they're doing. Certified or not they have no idea what they're talking about most the time. "You don't need more batteries, why didn't you just get a capacitor?"

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

It does suck that just becasue a few locations don't have experience, the entire company gets flamed for it. I worked at Circuit City before the local shop offered me a job, I had to start somewhere. If I had to send a customer of mine to another store because their install had to be done today and there was no way it was gettin done here, I woudl send it to Circuit City before the other local audio places (Car stereo one, ABC/Mickey shores, BB). Both the installers at the one in my area are very professional and good at what they do.

Kenwood kdc-x993

Autotek MM100.4

Fosgate power 6.5" components

Time for something new

so yea heres one messed up situation. i cant do the big 3 on my car alone because it requires me to remove my alt and the belt. but best buy says theyll do it for 50 bucks. so basically not only would i have to let someone touch my car to get it done, id have to let them do it >.<

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

so yea heres one messed up situation. i cant do the big 3 on my car alone because it requires me to remove my alt and the belt. but best buy says theyll do it for 50 bucks. so basically not only would i have to let someone touch my car to get it done, id have to let them do it >.<

If you need help, that's what friends are for. If they need persuasion, throw in a free lunch with it. Pizza and beer will do wonders

I used to install at an HHGREGG's and it was like a mile away from a best buy//// we had a customer come in to buy a t.v. for his new car because hea had a flip down installed at the best buy and somewhere down the line 3 days later it caused an electrical fire burning down his custom painted magnum and all 4 of his jl audio 1000/1 amps and 4 13.5 inch w7's//// so i could believe them fucking it up but the tranny i dunno

please i have shiesty friends lol. they want straight cash lol. my one friend said hed help but i know him, hed want me to repaint his damn old school 911 porsche he managed to get for 500 bucks -.-. plus i dont have the patience to do a 2 hour job on just that.

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

• 2 weeks later...

i know that i am gonna catch alot of shit from you guys about this. but ALL employees of best buy have to be MECP certified and have atleast 2 years on the job doing all types of installs before they are even considered for employement. i had to turn away a few very qualified applicants (not by choice though) because they did not have the MECP cert. this one guy i have known for years, he has built multiple show cars, and has worked on my personal show car a few times. the one that is in my avatar. Best buy corporate would not let me hire him because he was not certified. i fought for almost a month to get him in there and they just weren't having it. so can we stop calling them high school kids who have no idea what they are doing. at my store all of our installers are very knowledgeable. they know as much if not more than some of the other people i work with at my other job. i can not speak on behalf of circuit city. i have never heard anything good about there work, but i have never taken my car there, so that is all here say.

thats not true i worked at a best buy no one there was certified or forced to get certified its not a requirment to get hired just to keep it.
smdsig2.jpg

Archived