Second Skin Audio

Fosgate p2 8 box design. Take a look please.

Jessica

As far as what you have to what you have drawn that box is spot on

But idd drop the port area a bit

Idd take the box down 10.5 and port height to 9

Then drop the width 2"

Adjust the width and/or the depth + port length

To get closer to 1.3net at 37h

If you plane on putting some beefy sub latter then 9x2.25 is good but with only 5.3mm Xmas that's just too much port for my liking idd be aiming for 18-19aq" or 14flat per ft

Thanks, one thing though. i hate that port. i worry about the dead space of air in that corner, i think i would be better of doing it like in this shot.

=http://s213.photobucket.com/user/e_coots/media/box3skt_zps3fd7622d.png.html]box3skt_zps3fd7622d.png[/url]

edit: also, he may be running on low power so i want to build a bit big so he can get some more output. We could always shrink the volume later with some scrap wood if he runs more power. I plugged some numbers into torres and by just shrinking the volume from 1.42 to 1.35 without changing the port only lowers tuning by 1hz and barely changes port area.

Well it's already designed just need to be built, at that tuning and considering those are 8mm Xmax I would set the SSF around 33Hz, hopefully your friend is not into rap and just wanting a little bump.

I just want to make sure he gets the most we can out of these. Ive seen ports done like the last post i did but i don't know how bad it would effect the efficiency of it.

I understand the basic of box design, but i dont want to build a totally shitty box by mistake.

Also, if i shrink the port area down, then the box has to shrink and it puts one sub really close to the port if i just do a regular "L" port.

If your not comfortable with that style port. Just do a 4" flare port. For 8's and 10's I prefer flare ports. I built pretty much your first box design only tuned lower. the P2 8's sounded great and responded well.

If your not comfortable with that style port. Just do a 4" flare port. For 8's and 10's I prefer flare ports. I built pretty much your first box design only tuned lower. the P2 8's sounded great and responded well.

I could do that 4" aero port easy. Just don't know how it will do in the hatch of a jeep. Port to the side is usually best for trunks. I don't know lol

Archived