Thoughts on my setup?

Bsing

Supper I'm going to check it out! Thanks man!

I was just thinking would that work if I have a 3 way component set and a 2 way component set?

Just out of curiosity ... Why would you run a 3 way set and a 2 way set for a SQ setup ???

What one the these two would you suggest

I can not suggest brand names because I'm sponsored by Linear Power ...

Sorry brother ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I'd go with the 2.9. You'll have twice as much power available.

I agree with CablGuy on having multiple two channels. If space or money is an issue, there's nothing wrong with using a 4 channel.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

I prefer running multiple 2 channels for ultimate dynamics and headroom ... but thats just me ...

Best of luck with your setup Sir !!!

Guess I could explain this better ... Three 2 channel amplifiers (class A/B) on a 3 way component set ...

Or in My case ... a 2 channel for my tweeters and midrange (passive), and a 2 channel for my midbass ...

You have multiple power supplies in multiple amplifiers verses one power supply (usually no larger than a single 2 channel amplifier) trying to power multiple channels ... The more power supply power to feed outputs means more dynamics and headroom, and your amplifiers do not need to work so hard to make adequate power ... hence the reasons for lower shelf lives for multiple channel amplifiers ... and the reasons why class A/B 2 channnels are fairly more expensive, they are worth it because of the better build quality ... If you MUST go with full active 3 way, I would atleast suggest a 2 channel class A/B on your midbass drivers and a 4 channel for your midranges and tweeters ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Not a peep about zed audio

I might cry

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Rears help give a little more depth and ambiance when done correctly

absolutely ...

I thought with the 3 way would give me a good range of frequencies up front where your sq should come from, as for the 2 way as AI James said it gives depth to the car. But I'm just getting into the sound quality so whats the ideal way to run? As for the amps don't you get more power from a four channel amp?

I thought with the 3 way would give me a good range of frequencies up front where your sq should come from, as for the 2 way as AI James said it gives depth to the car.

You build stage and image with your installation ... driver location and aiming. Doesn't really matter if you go with 2 way or 3 way ...

Depth is aquired with what I just said here combined with amplifier dynamics and headroom ...

As for the amps don't you get more power from a four channel amp?

I just answered this question about 3 or 4 post ago ...

I understand what your getting at, 20% equpment 80% install. My plan is to put the tweeter and midrange in the stock hole in the dash and the midbass driver in the door stock position. If I doesn't sound sound like i want it I put do a mock setup with the midrange and tweeters in the pillars or just the tweeters. For amps I will try to run a couple 2 channels but I don't know if my budget will allow it I know for sure I could do one 2 channel and 1 four channel. Might find some deals on other sites.

Archived