LiftedFord Posted July 20, 2013 Report Posted July 20, 2013 Been trying to piece together my stsem. Definitely going for a SQL build. I was going to glass a piar of kicks with 6.5 components but ive been thinking about doing a pair of 8" shallow mount subs in the door. Kind of like steves lexus. My plan is to have 2 pairs of t3's or t5's in the doors and then the kicks plus 2 15's for the subs. Would you do a pair of compnents or the 8's if you could fit them?
Trey_Dog650 Posted July 20, 2013 Report Posted July 20, 2013 Sure if you could fit them 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
Josh Field Posted July 25, 2013 Report Posted July 25, 2013 3 way design bass mid tweet . if you can make a box for the 8s make the sound a little more full (- Ford Focus Titanium LW sedan ) REBUILD IN PROGRESS STAND BY
White Lightning Posted July 25, 2013 Report Posted July 25, 2013 Sort of my plan for the 49 Ford ... single 8" driver in each kick pannel ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
RidingTooLow Posted July 26, 2013 Report Posted July 26, 2013 I would run a set if I had the room. Im sure you will appreciate them when you bridge the gap between the components and the 15s.
BigManAC Posted August 2, 2013 Report Posted August 2, 2013 If you have 4" of depth then you could go with SoundQubed 8" sub. I was planning on putting one of those in each of my doors. Either that or RF P2-8. If you have the space I would go with the 8" subs. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
neuspeedescort Posted August 8, 2013 Report Posted August 8, 2013 why not do a down fire 8 or 10 in a center console below the dash?
kingsuv Posted August 8, 2013 Report Posted August 8, 2013 I'll never own a vehicle I can't put 8's in the kicks. I have 2 systems with them and have built a few others. Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
Kevin M Posted August 8, 2013 Report Posted August 8, 2013 I'll never own a vehicle I can't put 8's in the kicks. I have 2 systems with them and have built a few others. I know it can depend on the drivers T/S but do you prefer a sealed pod or venting into the kicks? 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.