Sundown Audio

To Cap Or Not To Cap

angelscream

Charging + a ~160a load test

They did exactly what they are supposed to do which is to help stabilize voltage

^^Cool to see another member running supercaps

5 things i take as gospel.
Always use a condom
Measure twice cut once
Take Care of Your Tools and They'll Take Care of You
​Don't tell the wife how much it actually cost
NEVER use A CAP. Ever !

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

People think all caps are the same and that people only use caps for bandaging bad electrical, you know, the normal I know they don't work even tho I've never used them, but that one guy said they are bad so I'm saying they are bad.

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

I've been tempted to look into this... what brand? or where you getting these from? ebay?

I haz caps.

Tantric SHD 12 on a B2 M1 (10k) in my filthy CRX. There are no batts at all in the car. None.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R5NLyY6qBw

My little daily setup. This is a Zero.5 (3k) on stock electrical + (2) banks of the black 2.5v/2600F ones. Just showing how voltage holds up.

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

5 things i take as gospel.

NEVER use A CAP. Ever !

Care to back up that statement and tell me why I'm wrong in running capacitors in my car?

I've been tempted to look into this... what brand? or where you getting these from? ebay?

I haz caps.

Tantric SHD 12 on a B2 M1 (10k) in my filthy CRX. There are no batts at all in the car. None.

My little daily setup. This is a Zero.5 (3k) on stock electrical + (2) banks of the black 2.5v/2600F ones. Just showing how voltage holds up.

Keep an eye out on ebay for maxwell capacitors. Just do a search for "Maxwell Bcap"

Prices aren't too great right now, but keep an eye out. People will periodically sell used ones for cheap. I got all mine(bcap 3000) for $18ea shipped

I haz caps.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rLl6nOpMuQ

holy solid electrical so thats stock alt? Just charging the caps and a 3k amp? Thars insane

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Archived