vettedude102 Posted July 24, 2013 Report Posted July 24, 2013 hey, so i have an oppurtunity to go work on cell phone towers. I was wondering if anyone here worked on them, was also wondering if it is a good job or not. right now i work at a call center and some days its not bad, but more days it is. but anyway i was going to venture out and take that job but was just wondering if anyone has any experience in it. 2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette 2003 corvette z06 alpine radio and the bose system that came stock
finkster Posted July 24, 2013 Report Posted July 24, 2013 Is this more light bulb repair or working on the wiring of the components? I would take the job in a heartbeat if the pay suffices. You also get to see some pretty good scenery I imagine. The couple people I talked to about the job said they loved it. just remember you gotta take all your tools with you up and down the tower. You won't ever get fat in that line of work LOL. DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
lolitskasey Posted July 24, 2013 Report Posted July 24, 2013 It's a pretty fun job, besides when it's -40 below on a tower trying to mount a microwave dish or weatherproofing connectors. But in the summer time it's nothing but a good time I love climbing.
vettedude102 Posted July 24, 2013 Author Report Posted July 24, 2013 It would be everything to fixing the towers. The only real downfall for now would be the drive or I'd have to move. I could get over my fear of heights. I also like how it'll keep me in shape as opposed to my job now which I just sit there and eat. Where do you climb at for it to be -40 below? 2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette 2003 corvette z06 alpine radio and the bose system that came stock
RooTxBeeR Posted July 24, 2013 Report Posted July 24, 2013 Lmao of you have a fear of Heights, good luck On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
vettedude102 Posted July 24, 2013 Author Report Posted July 24, 2013 Lmao of you have a fear of Heights, good luckHaha yeah thanks for that, for the money I could get over it. I Just want out of this job I have now. Also I can pay off my cars quicker then help out my mom and dad with their bills. 2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette 2003 corvette z06 alpine radio and the bose system that came stock
shogen Posted July 24, 2013 Report Posted July 24, 2013 tired of selling your body??? smh Lmao of you have a fear of Heights, good luckHaha yeah thanks for that, for the money I could get over it. I Just want out of this job I have now. Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear) beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.
lolitskasey Posted July 24, 2013 Report Posted July 24, 2013 It would be everything to fixing the towers. The only real downfall for now would be the drive or I'd have to move. I could get over my fear of heights. I also like how it'll keep me in shape as opposed to my job now which I just sit there and eat. Where do you climb at for it to be -40 below? I live in alaska haha. up north it gets -40 easy in the winter.
vettedude102 Posted July 24, 2013 Author Report Posted July 24, 2013 It would be everything to fixing the towers. The only real downfall for now would be the drive or I'd have to move. I could get over my fear of heights. I also like how it'll keep me in shape as opposed to my job now which I just sit there and eat. Where do you climb at for it to be -40 below? I live in alaska haha. up north it gets -40 easy in the winter.Yeah that is freakin cold lol. Which it'll be in the south so it shouldn't be that bad. And yes the guys don't like my body anymore so they aren't paying enough 2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette 2003 corvette z06 alpine radio and the bose system that came stock
White Lightning Posted July 24, 2013 Report Posted July 24, 2013 If you have any fear of heights, you might want to work through it before hand before you take this job ... Those things sway for what it seems like REALLY far when you are up there ... I'm kind of glad that the job position I'm in now doesn't require me to climb towers any more ... I love the safety of my bucket truck !!! Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.