Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Its not that I'm afraid of heights just afraid of falling lol. But Id definitely work through it before hand

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

Posted

I'm sure you will get tower climbing / safety training ... They are not just going to hand you a harness, point up, and say get your ass up there ... OSHA would have a field day arresting bitches ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

A friend of mine from high-school does it, and I talk to him about it every time he's in town. As you climb the towers you use hooks to be "safe", but there's usually two transition points where the tower and ladder system changes as you go up. And you basically have to free climb very awkwardly through the transition, apparently it will get your adrenaline pumping as you are very high and very fatigued. You better be in good shape too, he works out all the time just to make work a little easier and faster. He also drilled holes in all of his tools and connected string to them and his belt. When you get up there your heart is pumping so hard from the heights and the climb that its sooo easy to drop tools and make mistakes. But he loves his job. And if you do try it, be sure to get steel soled boots. You don't want a boot that bends around ladder piping or your feet will kill. And you get to travel a lot too. Hell, I should try and get a job climbing towers. I love heights! Lol

But generally you don't work for any cell provider. You work for a contracted company. So if you die, which does happen more often than you'd think, cell phone companies don't catch any heat from it and the safety regulations are pretty lax. If you die, you're simply replaced. Your safety is up to your discretion, which is pretty crazy and I'm sure its different state to state. But its decent money, especially if you have no degree. And if you work fast and are half way intelligent you can talk yourself up to the higher side of climbing salary. He's a year younger than me with no degree and he's making 50k sad.gif.pagespeed.ce.RZNPOHpA_4.gif

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Posted

I was a scaffolding carpenter for a few years. And if your scared of falling this might not be a good job for you . Working thru fear takes a toll on your nerves over time. I was scared when I started an was still scared the day I left. I'm not sure if you can get over it lol I didn't even after 2 years. I got in some wild spots an almost froze . And that's not good way the fuck up in the air .

Posted

Yea claiming towers is way more intense than scaffolding. And the wind that high up can be insane

Posted

2 of my cousins do this job. It's a love/hate relationship with them. They love the money, but hate the hours some times. I'm trying to get them to get me a job working with them, but it is a tough field to get into out here in so cal.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks
Posted

It takes a certain type person for these jobs. I personally think that not anyone can do this no matter the shape your in. When you get up that high things change. You ether got it or you don't .

Posted

Being afraid of heights/falling isint something that you should force yourself to overcome IMO... If you're cool with heights then cool, but if not, being uncomfortable with your whereabouts while your working wont allow you to be focused and coherent at the job at hand. Just my .02

When I was doing roofing and high-rises, we would get guys that would think the same thing, that the money would make them okay with it, but working with them sucked because they were always super sketchy and would make stupid mistakes just because they were freaking out in their minds

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Posted

I bet that high up you will break records on how fast one can screw in light bulb being scared. Probly drop the first few

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8727 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...