Been a long time since I've been on here, a little over 2 months. My dad who was also my best friend went into the hospital on May 21st. He was my moms full time care giver because she is sick with lung cancer and a whole list of other things so I moved back in to take care of her while he was hospitalized.

My dad spent 9 days in a regular hospital and 9 more in an acute care facility where his struggle with pulmonary fibrosis ended.

He was a great and proud father, grandfather, husband and friend. Anybody that didn't know him well couldn't possibly grasp the quality of his character. Crazy how things work, his dad died of a heart attack right in front of him and he was there to comfort him. My dad died on my birthday, fighting to get oxygen in his blood. I was there to comfort him as he was for his dad, holding his hand even during his last breath. I can never explain the emotions I felt when I saw him take his last breath, and seconds later his tan skin go pale. I don't know if I will ever be the same again after seeing that, but there was no way I was going to let him go through that alone. He knew it was coming, just hours before he passed he looked at me, smiled, squeezed my hand and said "me and you boy?" As if to imply we were about to embark on something together. I squeezed and smiled back and said "that's right Dad" and hours later his body was lifeless.

Just needed to vent a little, and let anyone who cares know why I have been away from the forum.

Good new is that since I am living with my mom, taking care of her full time, I should have plenty of time to start from scratch on a new system. Had to get rid of all but my head unit. Going to get some stuff once I work out my financial situation and have some fun on my next install. My dad couldn't stand the "noise" my old system made, lol, going to have to one up the last one :)

Your family is in my thoughts man! Glad you've come back to the community... I just lost my grandmother on June 1st and although it's been a little while, it's still fresh.. Stay strong for the family is the only advice I have for you..

Make sure you get this system loud enough for your dad to hear!!

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Man that is so hard, I can't even think about something like that happening. Just the thought of doing the same thing puta few tears in my eyes. I am incredibly sorry for you loss. I hope the best for you and the best of getting through this.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Sorry for your loss man, I know how tough it can be. I lost both my Great Grandma and Grandma this year, both passed near their birthdays. How crazy is that? Your Dad is in a better place watching over you and your Mom.

Your family is in my thoughts man! Glad you've come back to the community... I just lost my grandmother on June 1st and although it's been a little while, it's still fresh.. Stay strong for the family is the only advice I have for you..

Make sure you get this system loud enough for your dad to hear!!

Thank you, that is the goal for sure!

Holy hell. That "Me and you, boy?" line just dropped me.

That's awesome that you could be there for him, with him. I'm so sorry for your loss, man.

I don't know you from Adam, but if there's anything I can do to help you get your system going, PM me and I'll see if I can help.

Man that is so hard, I can't even think about something like that happening. Just the thought of doing the same thing puta few tears in my eyes. I am incredibly sorry for you loss. I hope the best for you and the best of getting through this.

It was rough for sure. Hardest thing I've ever done was be with him in his final hours. Only thing that kept me in the rooms was the thought of him going through that alone. Wasn't going to let that happen.

Thank you for chiming in, just taking things one day at a time.

Holy hell. That "Me and you, boy?" line just dropped me.

That's awesome that you could be there for him, with him. I'm so sorry for your loss, man.

I don't know you from Adam, but if there's anything I can do to help you get your system going, PM me and I'll see if I can help.

Yeah, I still cry when I think of that, but he would have done the same for me. I don't regret it.

I appreciate the offer. That's really nice of you. It will be a while before I can start buying stuff, but I am going to make it worth the wait.

my grandparents where my role model . my birthday is on the 23 of feb grandpa passes away on the 21 and my grandmas birthday is on the 23 same as mine . I hate that week when it comes around.

but keep up the work!

my grandparents where my role model . my birthday is on the 23 of feb grandpa passes away on the 21 and my grandmas birthday is on the 23 same as mine . I hate that week when it comes around.

but keep up the work!

Yeah, next year I have no idea what my birthday is going to be like, but I'm going to try to make it fun and not sad, my dad never let himself get depressed over anything so I am going to try my best when it rolls around. But next June is still a long way away, just taking it one day at a time for now.

Archived