Second Skin Audio

Tantric Subs?

Berries53

Speaking on there subs TFade, can u shed any light on the UHD series, or if it was renamed the hddd series subs?

The "Triple D" as I like to call it, is an extension of the HDD series. Just... with cobalt. The UHD will be a compeletely new line with proprietary baskets and motor design. I've seen the renderings and it's insane. The triple D is a 3" coil. The UHD will be 4". And where the triple D is 35-40lbs, the UHD will be upwards of 100lbs and similar in size to the SHD.

I did catch wind of the new motor design for the HDDD. It'll be very different than the prototype one. The proto alignment was just to test materials. I'm not a sub designer, but it's going to utilize a top plate and have grouped slugs instead of a radial design and some other changes that are beyond my breadth of understanding.

Man when r they going to release more info on those or pics of them, I wanna see! They sound killer!!

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

So you're telling me..... I can't ever get any of the subs from Tantric to be the same? I order 2 MD 12" and I will have some freakishly different subs with a similar look??? Honestly, whether or not I'm plugging them into software or using it to calculate port velocity or using it to say "its shit in my opinion" doesn't matter. I don't understand the "base line" parameters not being listed. It's almost like you just said it's better to not list specs because when I order the sub from Tantric it won't be what they advertise.... Does that mean, it won't actually be a 700w sub and it's only 250w??? or The displacement will be off by +/- .02 every time?? or I'm no idiot but I'm not asking for some glorified spec sheet, just what is common practice (even if it isn't 100% accurate) .. I know manufacturing/part batches/shelf product can affect all of it... but just sayin' I couldn't put my money out there without some kind of base to justify my purchase off... Just cuz they've gotten world records doesn't mean I'll be happy with the product, I don't have the design knowledge/vehicle/money/time/expertise to get those same results ....

Again just sayin' ... not knocking the product but the site/information given makes it not so desirable to myself and others like me.... BUT I am very interested and want to know "more" ...

Tfade, how much power do the hd series like?

The HD's are "1500w" subs. They get rowdy as shit on rated power. They can take a lot more on burps. I've given a single 5k on a burp. I hesitiate to say how much they will take daily because too many factors come into play, but I was running a DD M4a to my HD12 daily. Not full tilt obviously, but I beat it up pretty damn good.

You other guys, what specs is it that you'd like? TSP or what?

Very few subs that leave the shop are the same. As such, it isn't really helpful to list a generic set of TSP's. I mean, if having someone else's sub's parameters will help you, I have some I'll send you. TSP's can be pulled on any and every sub that leaves the shop if the customer wishes. Wouldn't you rather have the parameters for your specific subs than a random or average set? Have you ever pulled TSP's on a woofer and compared them to the manufacture's published ones? I have. They can be way off.

The other thing is.... what are going to do with them? Model them up? Do you have software that wil tell you what an HDD is going to do on 3,000w in a 2008 Tahoe sub up and port back? Or are you that interested in what the FR looks like on 1w in an anechoic room?

The box recommendations you'll get aren't from modeling them up. They're from testing the subs in vehicles on real power with RTA and TermLab.

I actually admire Murph for not just slapping some specs up there to placate people. Because as Shogen indicated... it's probably cost him some sales not having any listed. But with ( 8) world titles and (9) world records in Tantric's first full year of competition and multiple 160+ daily vehicles... I think people are doing just fine without TSP's listed on the site.

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Also, do they list more information about their product on any other forums? just wondering...

The HD's are "1500w" subs. They get rowdy as shit on rated power. They can take a lot more on burps. I've given a single 5k on a burp. I hesitiate to say how much they will take daily because too many factors come into play, but I was running a DD M4a to my HD12 daily. Not full tilt obviously, but I beat it up pretty damn good.

Very few subs that leave the shop are the same. As such, it isn't really helpful to list a generic set of TSP's. I mean, if having someone else's sub's parameters will help you, I have some I'll send you. TSP's can be pulled on any and every sub that leaves the shop if the customer wishes. Wouldn't you rather have the parameters for your specific subs than a random or average set? Have you ever pulled TSP's on a woofer and compared them to the manufacture's published ones? I have. They can be way off.

The other thing is.... what are going to do with them? Model them up? Do you have software that wil tell you what an HDD is going to do on 3,000w in a 2008 Tahoe sub up and port back? Or are you that interested in what the FR looks like on 1w in an anechoic room?

The box recommendations you'll get aren't from modeling them up. They're from testing the subs in vehicles on real power with RTA and TermLab.

I actually admire Murph for not just slapping some specs up there to placate people. Because as Shogen indicated... it's probably cost him some sales not having any listed. But with ( 8) world titles and (9) world records in Tantric's first full year of competition and multiple 160+ daily vehicles... I think people are doing just fine without TSP's listed on the site.

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

Also, according to you each sub is "tested" before shipping, does that mean shipping to the customer or to the company??? Do the subwoofers get shipped to customers with a spec sheet of the "verified" parameters? Or am I asking for too much to get information on a product I paid money for?

I need to know what kind of box I'll need before I buy it or any subwoofer for that matter so that I can determine whether I can make it work for me...

DAT ASS!!! TAKE MY MONEY!! That sub looks so damn badass!! Any pics of the UHD? If I'm not mistaking the UHD will have no rms rating right?

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Also, do they list more information about their product on any other forums? just wondering...

if you google it your questions would be answered . Lots if info on tantric out there in several forums

Is this the same murph from the sou domain forum days?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived