Sonic Electronix

Subs In A Trunk Of A Car, No Wall? How Loud Can They Get?

nope back ported through the rear deck

thats the thing...im wanting to stick with street class, so porting thru the rear deck is out of the question for now...whenever the fuck i get some money im gonna try a few different things....

i likes me some audio stuff...

In what class? With a pair of 3000s he would have to be in Trunk modified and Steve Sears has that record with a 153. I seen Stratus talk about higher #s after upping his setup to 16v but I don't think he ever competed with it.

NSPL records.

http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/...pic/28/868.html

when he gets on aim i'll ask, the records probably been beaten this year because hes been building pretty much for the whole year, but i do know he had it for a while there in beginning 07 i believe.

thats the thing...im wanting to stick with street class, so porting thru the rear deck is out of the question for now...whenever the fuck i get some money im gonna try a few different things....

i was able to get over 150 without porting through the rear deck as well, i actually lost .5 porting it through the rear deck rather then facing it all forward, only i dont compete and i liked the cleaner sound from it ported through the deck so i took the loss

There are a lot of high #s coming out of the trunk cars in NSPL. The goal is 155db this season. I'm really wanting to make it to their big show coming up. There would also be a lot of serious trunk competitors in DBdrag if they had a specific trunk class. Until then there isn't any incentive cause there's no way a trunk car can compete against a hatch or suv in the street classes.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

I do consistant 154-155 on burps in my 96 Impala

2 DD 9515

2 RF t4000

5 svr 100s

eventhough you said no old school cars Ive broke 150 in my 80 Impala from the trunk with 2 subs

Not legal on a TL you haven't.

lmfao how the fuck are you going to tell me what Ive done and I havent done? You dont know me or anything about my cars or installs to tell me what number I hit. And I only do legal scores with the termlab so get your facts straight rookie....

exactly, on the TL is WAY differen than the mic you are thinking about.

I dont see how thats possible considering the only mics that Ive ever metered on since 1999 is the termlab......

edit: I did compete in USACi for 2 seasons and they used the AC at that time

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

lmfao how the fuck are you going to tell me what Ive done and I havent done? You dont know me or anything about my cars or installs to tell me what number I hit. And I only do legal scores with the termlab so get your facts straight rookie....

I dont see how thats possible considering the only mics that Ive ever metered on since 1999 is the termlab......

If you officially did those scores legal on a TL you'd be one of the most popular people in DbDrag for officially having the loudest trunk car in the world. Since nobody has ever heard of you, well.... Don't come on here bragging about scores and think you won't get called on it. Pics & vids or some kind of proof or it didn't happen. At least post up a link to your stats page.

Ahh so they were AC scores. :rolleyes:

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

If you officially did those scores legal on a TL you'd be one of the most popular people in DbDrag for officially having the loudest trunk car in the world. Since nobody has ever heard of you, well.... Don't come on here bragging about scores and think you won't get called on it. Pics & vids or some kind of proof or it didn't happen. At least post up a link to your stats page.

Ahh so they were AC scores. :rolleyes:

The edit was in reference to my reply to redbaron about the only mic Ive ever been metered on was the TL which was a mistake. Since USAC used the AC at that time (I did DB Drag and USACi during the 01-02) But the scores I am referring to are on the "new" termlab... which was released a couple yrs ago following the misreadings at high spl's at WF not what I did in USACi. Obviously you dont have the slightest clue as to what you are talking about so please shut the fuck up.... :rolleyes:....

What does popularity with DB Drag have to do with anything, I havent paid to compete since 02 but I do get on Mike Jones TL every so often to test out my changes...Also several people on this site and Termpro have seen my shit in person and through pictures....Hell our site Messiah Steve Meade is my nigga and hes seen plenty of pictures of my work and rides as well :blink:

I didnt come on here bragging about shit I just posted my scores

I didnt shit on anyone or try to be spl know it all and say whats bullshit and whats not bullshit...

I dont go through life worrying about the next man, only bitches do that shit in my opinion <_<

Stop worrying about me and mines and get ya own shit /Methodman

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

Getting a little heated....

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Archived