Sundown Audio

looking for 2k or similar that can handle .5 ohm

MACnonsence6

the reason being to stay in a lower class comp wise. as well as the surprise factor when someone things there only hearing 2k rms when really its double that. ik theres a few other factors that come into play im just trying to get an idea of a quality 2k that can do that

being that power generally doubles everytime you half the resistance wouldnt the next stop for a 2k rms @ 1 ohm be close to 4 at half that? if im wrong tell me but when you look at the rated power of any amp thats the general rule of thumb

You're not going to double power with a halving of impedance. Never going to happen. In my experience, it's more like a quartering of impedance. As in... 1 ohm to .25.

No 2k @1ohm amp is gonna do 4k @.5. The more I read your posts, the more I realize how little knowledge you have. 1200 posts on SMD, you haven't learned shit? Really?

I've owned several "2k" amps that do well over 4k. Just sayin...

Curious to know?

In no particular order...

RD D5

B2 Audio Zero.5

Treo 4.1

Cactus pf600.1

DD M3a

the reason being to stay in a lower class comp wise. as well as the surprise factor when someone things there only hearing 2k rms when really its double that. ik theres a few other factors that come into play im just trying to get an idea of a quality 2k that can do that

being that power generally doubles everytime you half the resistance wouldnt the next stop for a 2k rms @ 1 ohm be close to 4 at half that? if im wrong tell me but when you look at the rated power of any amp thats the general rule of thumb

You're not going to double power with a halving of impedance. Never going to happen. In my experience, it's more like a quartering of impedance. As in... 1 ohm to .25.

No 2k @1ohm amp is gonna do 4k @.5. The more I read your posts, the more I realize how little knowledge you have. 1200 posts on SMD, you haven't learned shit? Really?

I've owned several "2k" amps that do well over 4k. Just sayin...
Curious to know?

In no particular order...

RD D5

B2 Audio Zero.5

Treo 4.1

Cactus pf600.1

DD M3a

Burp or daily both?

M3a not a 2k amp so that needs be tossed others I don't know. Not trying start flame war.but op probably talking daily use.

But if took m2a got 4k be nice

crossfire c51700d?

I see people running them at .25 daily....

strong strong amps

I now it can do 3k+ at .5

probably the most you can get at .5 from any amps in the 2k field

Ummm then why did you make a thread about what kind power you'll see if now your saying 3k..

maybe after i did post that i learned that it does do 3k at .5?, multiple people said that it does... just passing on what i learned? not false information bro

crossfire c51700d?

I see people running them at .25 daily....

strong strong amps

I now it can do 3k+ at .5

probably the most you can get at .5 from any amps in the 2k field

Ummm then why did you make a thread about what kind power you'll see if now your saying 3k..

maybe after i did post that i learned that it does do 3k at .5?, multiple people said that it does... just passing on what i learned? not false information bro

Cool once you get them ..let me know your clamp results.

Well... judging by his response about being in a lower power class, I assume he's either talking about USACi 0-600w (which I've spent the last 4 years in) or another org's "2k" class.

For USACi... the amps I listed are king dingaling. But there's no way they will fly in any other org.

If it's a 2k at lowest rated impedance class, then the Crossfire, IA 20.1 or M2a/b would be the amps to have. None of those will even sniff 4k though.

Well... judging by his response about being in a lower power class, I assume he's either talking about USACi 0-600w (which I've spent the last 4 years in) or another org's "2k" class.

For USACi... the amps I listed are king dingaling. But there's no way they will fly in any other org.

If it's a 2k at lowest rated impedance class, then the Crossfire, IA 20.1 or M2a/b would be the amps to have. None of those will even sniff 4k though.

I respect your knowledge..I think OP should specifically say he's details what org and class he is going run for us to give better help...

gais....all i wanna do is run this 3.5k at 10k watts....just halp mi plez, iz pozible rite?

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Archived